Glen Abbey Update

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Adelade

Re: Glen Abbey Update

Post by Adelade »

Oh thats really interesting to see thanks for the preview :smile: Tricky indeed but at least not 8-9% slope across basically the whole thing, the 3 in-general areas should be very playable. Looking forward to it but I know you got other things going too, take your time :thumbup:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Guys...Nitpicker here.
Just give me a couple of last looks at Glen Abbey before you finalize....I'd just like to make sure that if it's the last chance that we don't get to see it again our memories will be fond ones. It's a "special" place for Canucks...and it was the Golden Bear's first solo project (remember the original 12th tee?😉)
We're still awaiting the last word from Oakville.
I'll be gentle and respectful-I promise.😥
Then I'll be off to Vancouver!😉
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Having lived close to and played Glenn Abbey numerous times over the years, I can safely say a proper design of the 15th green will be indicated by the fact that any ball hit above any pin placement will result in a putt that rolls back past that pin and off the front of the green. Now get 'er done! ;)
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

I started Glen Abbey's greens and on the very first hole there is a problem. It seems the greens from strakaline are in a different order than Len's course. Strakaline green #1 is actually green #4 on Glen Abbey, Strakaline #2 is #5 on GA and so on, it would seem they rerouted the first three holes for the 2013 Canadian Open. Can anyone tell me if they rerouted the holes at some point in time? If so I will also fix the course so it shows the proper routing. I will start on the greens and wait for a response.

Glenn
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Captain-any further news on the political scene?
billw

Post by billw »

braden1308,
Course was re-routed for Canadian Open for spectator access.

billw
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Thanks Bill, I will leave it alone unless the masses here would like me to re-route

Glenn
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Guys-I'm attaching an Excel file showing the current scorecard from Glen Abbey and doing a side-by-side with the Links scorecard. The HCPs are different for the Junior and Ladies tees but there are some holes where the variance is over 20 yards-give or take (mostly give). The par is also 73.
A small favour-because the club is/was used so often for the Canadian Open there is always a Canadian flag on the 18th flagstick. The same applies to the other Canadian clubs as well.
I'll do some more nitpicking tomorrow, but those are the major issues so far.
Attachments
Glen Abbey.xlsx
(14.69 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Thanks Jimbo, I'll see what I can do

Glenn
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Did the course play as par 73 last time the PGA tour visited it?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...