Wildcat Golf Club-The Lake Course-Houston Texas by Sage Vanni

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
GoesForIt

Wildcat Golf Club-The Lake Course-Houston Texas by Sage Vanni

Post by GoesForIt »

Sage.

I think you forgot to "Validate" & Save Course..." before uploading it to Links Corner. There are several holes where the cup is not visible. "Validate & Save Course..." fixes all that stuff automatically.
sagevanni

Re: Wildcat Golf Club-The Lake Course-Houston Texas by Sage Vanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Goesforit,

I'll have a look at it......Thanks.....

Sage..... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Obi Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi Wan Kenobi »

Hey guys! Just a question. How do we'll know when the revisited course/s from Sage would be re-uploaded?

Would be fine, just to know if we have the fixed one or not, that the admins add "reuploaded" or something like that
on it desciption box in download section... Just saying...

Cheers all! :pcwhack: :dunno:
"Was it love, or was it the idea of being in love?
or was it the hand of fate that seemed to fit just like a glove?"
colinjones0

Post by colinjones0 »

Downloaded this course on 5th August 2021, same problem with some cups not visible, also found trees not showing on the top down view.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi All,

I have looked at this course in APCD and it seems I used very little seam blending. Also when I made the course it was done with basically a vanilla texture file. If I open it in APCD the way I have my directory structure set up it has all messed up textures. If someone wants to take the course and fix it on their own you have all my blessings to do so.

Sage....... :cheers1:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

sagevanni wrote: October 21st, 2021, 2:50 pm Hi All,

I have looked at this course in APCD and it seems I used very little seam blending. Also when I made the course it was done with basically a vanilla texture file. If I open it in APCD the way I have my directory structure set up it has all messed up textures. If someone wants to take the course and fix it on their own you have all my blessings to do so.

Sage....... :cheers1:
Hey Sage. it looks like you did this course pretty early in your designing career. Is there any chance some of the holes are invisible because you might have selected "non-regulation holes"? :unsure:

Dan
Last edited by Danny D on October 22nd, 2021, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Danny,

I don't know how to check if I did that or not.........Do you or anyone else know how....?????

Danny D

Post by Danny D »

sagevanni wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 12:26 pm Hi Danny,

I don't know how to check if I did that or not.........Do you or anyone else know how....?????

The only way I can really tell is by not being able to see all of the holes. :laugh: I suppose you could always check to see if the course actually contains any non-reg holes... :whistle:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
jwgriffingca

Post by jwgriffingca »

I also seem to recall that courses that have had the non-reg box ticked also do not compile or record statistics during a normal round. So you get to the end of a normal round and the stats and/or scorecard look different than usual. Going off of memory from a long time ago... But also definitely results in disappearing holes - sometimes if you rotate view a few degrees then the hole will appear.

John
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

[quote=jwgriffingca post_id=12088 time=1634997542 user_id=148]
I also seem to recall that courses that have had the non-reg box ticked also do not compile or record statistics during a normal round. So you get to the end of a normal round and the stats and/or scorecard look different than usual. Going off of memory from a long time ago... But also definitely results in disappearing holes - sometimes if you rotate view a few degrees then the hole will appear.

John
[/quote]

It may have been this course or possibly another of Sage's where remember he had problem with invisible holes. I thought he had fixed issue at that time and may have been another course of his, but seeing someone make notice of this course done in 2017 this one needs fixing. I intended to check back to when Wildcat course came out and see comments at that time if there were any about this issue, but course topics only go back to 2019 for last page. Sometimes the hole is located at the intersection of lines on green and moving aim helps to then see where hole is at. Even though may only be 10 feet away---I have resorted to displaying spot pin to see where hole is. The non-regulation hole aspect for APCD was a total blunder on Microsoft's work it would seem. Not sure as never tried it in few attempts at designing courses---but would it be that outer hole outline is made irrelevant and can place tees and pins outside hole laid out to attempt course being even longer than the 8,500 yard ones occasionally found in Links?