Courses that have duplicate .crz names ?

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
umanfly2boot

Courses that have duplicate .crz names ?

Post by umanfly2boot »

When downloading the course : Twin Lakes - PA - By Simon Buckner
https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=556
Looking at the .crz it has ( CRZ Filename - Twin Lakes.crz ) .

Then when downloading the Course : Twin Lakes Mountain Resort - By Tim Bausch
https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=302
Looking at the .crz it has ( ALSO ) ( CRZ Filename - Twin Lakes.crz )

Different Courses - Same .crz name ? :oops:

Any ideas how to resolve this ? :dunno:

As it seems as if i am just overwriting one course with another . :bookh:
gator

Re: Courses that have duplicate .crz names ?

Post by gator »

I don't like changing the file names of courses, but in some instances it becomes necessary. In this case I would append a bracketed number to the end of the file name.

As example:
Tim Bausch's course would become 'Twin Lakes[1].crz' as it has a file date of 12/29/2000, and Simon Buckner's would become 'Twin Lakes[2].crz' as it has a file date of 8/27/2001.

For me, when I encounter a bracketed number on a file name in my collection I recognize that I have more than one CRZ with the same file name. I will say though that most of the ones I have are different versions of the same course unlike this situation.

Other collectors may have alternate methods to avoid one file overwriting another similarly named although different file.
umanfly2boot

Re: Courses that have duplicate .crz names ?

Post by umanfly2boot »

That was what i considered but hadn't tried to see if it would work as it does on sound files and document files.
But it does :thumbup: So i left Twin Lakes - PA - By Simon Buckner as ( Twin Lakes.crz ) .
Secondly i renamed Twin Lakes Mountain Resort - By Tim Bausch ( Twin Lakes 1.crz )
The Game accepted the change and both loaded corrrectly .
Thanks for the feedback , it was reassuring im sure to everyone when this occurs. :notworthy: