Torrey Pines - North

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
braden1308

Torrey Pines - North

Post by braden1308 »

I uploaded Torrey North, so keep an eye out. Thanks to linkster for the dem and overlay. It was not perfect as the dem was pre renovation and the overlay was post renovation so the course is not fully accurate, but it's not bad. I wanted to get it out before the Farmer's later this month. I also couldn't find an tournament pin placements for the course like I usually add, but I think there are some challenging ones. Enjoy

Glenn
Paul44

Re: Torrey Pines - North

Post by Paul44 »

Thanks
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

braden1308 wrote: January 8th, 2023, 11:47 am I uploaded Torrey North, so keep an eye out.
Glenn
Well, I received notification of the upload from WeTransfer but you still need to fill in this form ...

https://linkscorner.org/upload/course.php

Andy
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Odd, I’ll send it again
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Glenn, Looking forward to Torrey Pines North as a companion to the South course. It's definitely due. As long as I'm on here, I've been meaning to ask whether or not you might be inclined to release a "members" version of TPC Southwind without tournament objects sometime. I'm sure you've got several other projects in the pipeline.....but just asking.

Thanks............Ron
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

Same
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.
linkster

Post by linkster »

Course looks good Glenn! This one wasn't easy to do since the course changed substantially with the renovation in 2016 and the DEM was from 2014. Did you use a greens book to construct the new greens?
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Hi linkster, I did add the actual green contours.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Glenn:
Thanks for completing this course in time for the upcoming Farmer's Insurance tournament. Of course, during TV coverage they are usually jumping back and forth between players on both courses, and it's hard to get an idea of what the layout is like. Now....we have both courses, which is great !
Even thought the North course doesn't have the credentials and notoriety of it's sibling to the South, I think it's a nice layout with some pretty interesting holes, and of course, great ocean vistas as well. Holes 15-17 are fun to play, with 17 having that huge, "gnarly" tree blocking the view of the
fairway, so you may end up in a bunker or rough on your tee shot. I also like the look of 16 curving upward high along the La Jolla cliffs with the ocean as a backdrop. I like the color palette and textures you've chosen for this course. They seem to fit a SoCal course very well. It looks like a well-groomed championship course that it is ( hard to believe they're both public venues ).
Nicely done !! :thumbup:

PS: ( any thoughts on my previous question about TPC Southwind ? )
chad

Post by chad »

It's great to have this course in the Links library. Thanks Glen!! :cheers1: :thumbup: