BRAMSHAW MANOR

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Jimbo

BRAMSHAW MANOR

Post by Jimbo »

Dear Mr. Brooks:

You indicated in your course description that this course had to re-done because of "Cattle Damage".
On behalf of your fellow Linksters would you care to elaborate?

(This should be good!) :rofl:
MrMoggie

Re: BRAMSHAW MANOR

Post by MrMoggie »

Jimbo - it's the Bramshaw Forest course, not the Manor course, which will have cattle damage!

I'm sure John will respond but I've played both and a mate of mine is a member.

The Forest course is quirky and is really just 18 tees and 18 greens on rolling heathland.

No defined fairways and no bunkers. And yes, cattle roam all over the course. I've seen cows hit on the fairway and never flinch. It's common to see hoofprints on the greens,

Steve
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Hi All

It's ages since I did a version of Bramshaw Forest (cattle damage) and Manor for Links and both Courses have substantially changed (new ditches, trees have grown somewhat, new holes, new management). The Forest Course (founded 1880) is the oldest Course in Hampshire and is on lease from the Forestry Commission and is rather tricky in the winter (in fact, because of cattle damage, it used to resemble Passchendaele on a bad day!), As a result, some new holes have been laid out. See my update which I think was done in 2018.

I'm no longer a Member there now, so my versions are more historical then anything.

I know that when I did the original versions for Links, I didn't worry too much about layouts based upon GPS Mapping, which is pretty much standard now.

So if anyoine wants to recreate both Courses over my originals, they are more than welcome.

Cheers

John Brooks
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Be still my heart! When you said that you were no longer a member I thought... :scared: :fear:

Anyway I had more "colourful" thoughts about what the cows had done!
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Member? No, it wasn't like that. I live very near Dibden, which had an offer on about ten years ago for £75 (say roughgly $100) for unlimited golf on their 9-hole Course (somewhere on Links2003) for a year. Given the cattle damaged state of Bramshaw Forest, and the fact that Dbden's walking distance from home, I obviously subscribed! And then on to full Membership for little more, including their 18-hole Course (also somewhere on Links2003) plus free unlimited balls on their Range and £100 behind the Bar. So that's why I dropped Bramshaw.

Cheers

John Brooks :cheers1: