Thunder Golf Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
fiver

Thunder Golf Club

Post by fiver »

I just finished 18 holes on this beauty. Pecos Bill did a wonderful job with with this course back in 2010!!!!!!! Is this course located in Ohio?
bear2016

Re: Thunder Golf Club

Post by bear2016 »

used to be there. it's not any more
fiver

Post by fiver »

Thanks Bear2016, Do you know what state they moved it to?
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

They didn't move, the club just closed
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

I have to agree that the Thunder Golf Club designed for Links by Bill Nicely was a pleasant surprise to play and it is a shame that it no longer exists.
fiver

Post by fiver »

Just kidding Bear. Bad joke. :cheers1:
DC#1

Post by DC#1 »

I am currently working on that same course for PGA2000. I used to be a member back around 1978. Makes me sad to see it on google earth in historical mode. I use it for tree placement and slopes. It was #46 toughest course in America in 2006. If you need photos I can send them to you.
Mike Nicely

Post by Mike Nicely »

Thanks Fiver for the kind words. I helped with the build on this course. My friend Fred designed the course. After his death his family let the course go and it became a mess. At one time it had over 50 ponds. Fred stocked them with fish and it was a fish hatchery for the State of Ohio. If you played the Thunder tees you better hit it long and straight. When Fluff caddied on the Buy.com tour I took him and several other caddies to play the course. He shot a 78 from the back tees. Too bad they couldn't get potable water to the course or they would have had a PGA event there.