Starting an Update of Munchen Nord Eichenried

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Adelade

Re: Starting an Update of Munchen Nord Eichenried

Post by Adelade »

Was there really a need to take a swipe at someone's playing skill just because of having different preferences? Migolfer never said he was having trouble playing over or around the trees, the point of bringing it up might have been purely from a perspective of realism. And well, personally, I dont think it is particularly realistic with large trees right in between tee and green on par 3 holes on real courses. So the answer to your question - why not move them to the side instead of removing them - would in that case mainly be because we've established there simply are no trees there in real life. Your preference for the trees being changed as little as possible has been noted though.

@migolfer - No, no, I've never been in Munchen, I was talking about rounds on the Links course.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Adelade - that was a wink-and-a-nudge at you, my friend, since you've admitted that you don't play very much - :smile: The trees may not be there in real life, but is that judgement based on what you see there now? Were they there when the course was first developed by whoever it was that did it? Courses change over time. :yes:

Pete
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Oh lol, thank you for clarifying, I didnt catch that one. My last round in Links was ruined by a totally unnecessary tripple bogey on hole 17 for no reason other than being rusty around the green, so my Links playing skill is certainly deserving of some nudges at the moment.

The judgement about the trees not being there is based on all the info I mentioned, which is all I have been able to find. I think it would be rather tricky to find any information about how things were before 2001. Perhaps not impossible, but I would be pretty surprised if there ever was a tree quite that large and so central on 12th. Handicap golfers in real life would hate such a hole, and probably demand that the tree be taken down (most golfers tend to have enough problems with trees that are far away from the intended shot trajectory as it is). In terms of challenge in Links, I dont feel like the trees on 12th have any effect, they seem to be more of a visual scare-factor.

Perhaps I will end up making a poll on what people prefer in regards to trees. But I think it is nicer to hear people put things into words, I like that a discussion is being had about it. Im guessing most people dont really have any strong feelings about it and would be fine with both ways.
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Bumping the Beta of this course which was uploaded December 28th. The beta as mentioned previously will end Jan 20th and so far I've only received one single-line comment. I dont really mind that, but just wanted to give this last reminder that now is the last chance to effect the outcome of the final.
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Adelade wrote: January 14th, 2023, 11:05 am Bumping the Beta of this course which was uploaded December 28th. The beta as mentioned previously will end Jan 20th and so far I've only received one single-line comment. I dont really mind that, but just wanted to give this last reminder that now is the last chance to effect the outcome of the final.
As you will see, I sent you a PM with some feedback on this course. Thank you for doing this, I appreciate the efforts of this community to keep this (ancient) software alive. I still enjoy playing rounds on Links while discovering new, interesting courses at all levels of APCD designer skill levels. There are LOT I have to download/play yet.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Very much looking forward to this updated final, great job
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Here is a .LTS file with all 18 pins selected - conditions B F Mc. Check it out for yourself. Download the file, and then double-click it - It will start the round in Links.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdnjs9qwejwg3 ... c.LTS?dl=0

Optional: Post your score: (RTS Pro)
MNEichen22Beta-Rd1.jpg
MNEichen22Beta-Rd1.jpg (22.83 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
Pete

Review: Great layout, terrific textures, above average challenge. (As it currently exists, it's an excellent addition to our library of Links courses)
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Just uploaded the final - it will likely be available very soon [Edit: Course available at: https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=2750 ]. I just realized that I forgot to thank Beta Testers Pete, migolfer and pmgolf within the ReadMe like I usually do - sorry and thank you :smile:

There are no changes compared to the Beta except a small edit to one bush and the removal of "Beta" from the name. Please note that the Beta will not be compatible with the Final in terms of, for example: Online Play, Career Mode seasons, recorded rounds, showing saved shots, the email tourney posted by pmgolf above etc. So please replace the Beta with the new version even if there are barely any changes.

Posting the full-size screenshots too:

H18.jpg
H18.jpg (852.05 KiB) Viewed 1871 times
H12.jpg
H12.jpg (951.3 KiB) Viewed 1871 times
H14.jpg
H14.jpg (787.4 KiB) Viewed 1871 times
H4.jpg
H4.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 1871 times

Also thank you to everyone who participated in the two forum threads about the update.

And naturally a big huge thank you to Güenter Kujat for making the original versions of the course - and for letting me make this update! :clapping:
Last edited by Adelade on January 22nd, 2023, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Many thanks Adelade great work :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

A couple of observations on the final. I hit over the green into a crowd on #1 and the crowd did not disperse. I punched "through" the crowd onto the green but Links crashed to desk top. Haven't had that happen to me in a while. Nothing open in background. I was unable to replicate the crash so it was probably a one-off thing. Hitting into other crowds I got some of the same non dispersals. On #7 there are some trees about 185yds from back tee that are in direct line of flight. It's easy to fly over them and maybe that's the way it's supposed to be. I like the textures and everything else about it so far. Thanks.
Chuck