Starting an Update of Munchen Nord Eichenried

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
GoBucks

Re: Starting an Update of Munchen Nord Eichenried

Post by GoBucks »

Do crowds normally disperse in this game? Can't say as I've ever seen crowds move.
No matter where you go, there you are.
RobV

Post by RobV »

The crowds are "cardboard cutouts" and just stand there.. :rofl:
chad

Post by chad »

Stellar update, thanks Adelade!! :thumbup: :cheers1:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

ChuckH wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 4:59 pmI hit over the green into a crowd on #1 and the crowd did not disperse. I punched "through" the crowd onto the green but Links crashed to desk top. Haven't had that happen to me in a while. Nothing open in background. I was unable to replicate the crash so it was probably a one-off thing. Hitting into other crowds I got some of the same non dispersals.
This can happen when there are custom crowds (meaning, they arent technically crowds, but instead 2D objects), because those will never disperse when in line of play. However, I see that there are no custom crowds on Munchen Nord, so that is not the explanation here. I tested on hole 1 just now, and I found that the crowds along the right side of the hole disperse correctly, but those behind the green indeed dont. I have not made any edits to any of the crowds anywhere near hole 1, so Im thinking it is likely this way in the previous versions of the course too. I struggle to find any possible explanation for this oddity, the only thing I can think of would be if some - and only certain - crowds were planted with the old version of APCD (this course was originally made for Links 2001, and then upgraded to a 2003 version), and that crowds didnt have the disperse feature when planted with the old version of the APCD. If the observation had been brought up during the beta, I could have changed it, but now I dont feel like making an update just for this issue alone. Im guessing your crash while playing through the crowds was a rare coincidence (it worked fine for me when I tried), and therefore likely and hopefully wont be an issue for anyone in the future. Of course it is annoying that they block the sight of the green, but at least they shouldnt interfere with the ball.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

I don't think there is need to do further edits. The update is excellent, BTW. I played your version in practice mode and all the crowds are gone on hole 1 which tells me that the crowds were not 2d objects but spectators or crowds. For the heck of it, I loaded the 2001 version up in Links2001 with the same result that the crowds don't disperse on hole 1 behind the green at least. The obvious conclusion is to not hit it into a crowd :laugh: . I suppose that it's a little annoying but completely playable. I wouldn't do anything as it doesn't bother anyone apparently.