TPC Craig Ranch

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Pete

TPC Craig Ranch

Post by Pete »

lovely work Sage Glenn & Leo :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Last edited by Pete on August 22nd, 2022, 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sagevanni

Re: TPC Craig Ranch

Post by sagevanni »

Please do not forget Glenn Braden.............Again it is his work that really brought the course to life. For myself, I just lay the groundwork.

Sage..... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Done Sage :thumbup:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

The fence on the fairway of hole 3 is pretty curious. I see it on the real-life flyovers too, anyone know why its there? Letting the ground recover from wear/construction or something? Might be safest to not grab the driver there (from Back tee).
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

Wow, what a wonderful rendition by all involved. And what a surprise. Wonderful creek work that is visible or in play on most holes. If not the creek, there are ponds. Lots of eye candy starting with the rock road bridge behind the first tee. Lots of bridges over the creek, a dam(?) on 9 and 18, a stone bulkhead around a pond, houses, etc. Wonderful choice of textures. And I haven't even played a round yet. I don't recall any other rendition of this course on any golf game that I have. One of the best of Sage and company and there are lots of great ones.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Just a quick question. I played about 10 holes and noticed that 3 of 10 had what looked like a "normal" type of texture for the greens. But on all of the others, the texture was identical to the fairways. I'm thinking that wasn't intended, or is it ? Would someone else please check this out, and see if
I'm correct or not ? ( maybe my copy didn't download right.....? ) Anyhow.....everything else looks and plays great. It definitely has that Glenn Braden
type of look to it. You guys always surprise us with a new course. No hint at all that you're collaborating on one.

Ron
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

Ron, all 18 holes I played had a distinct texture for either green(unstriped) or fairway(striped). I did notice that there was no fringe texture around the greens. I guess that was planed? Anyway, still loving this course so far.
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

Adelade wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 3:13 pm The fence on the fairway of hole 3 is pretty curious. I see it on the real-life flyovers too, anyone know why its there? Letting the ground recover from wear/construction or something? Might be safest to not grab the driver there (from Back tee).
Yeah. The flyover clearly shows a fence in the middle of the fairway. Your guess is as good as any.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

OK, now that I've had the time to finish playing the rest of the course, to me, it looks like holes 1,3,4 and 6 are the only ones that have a slightly smoother, more "typical-green" appearance to them. All the rest look like the fairway surfaces. To me, when you step up to roll your putt it just seems to look abnormally "coarse", for lack of a better term. Not trying to be a "nit-picker" here ( That's Jimbo's job ), but just offering up my viewpoint.

gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Great to have another real PGA course to play. Not so familiar watching Nelson tournament though has been played at this course only during last 2 years. Greens done by Sage look like have not been mowed in at least a month as seems to be tall grass and extremely grainy moreso than any other green I have ever seen on any course here in Links. Other course done recently by Sage having dried out look is interesting---seeing courses out in sw USA having water restrictions because of recent drought and just this week deluge hits Las Vegas and Utah out in that region as well as flood in Death Valley a couple of weeks back. A side note this course, TPC Craig Ranch was co-designed by Tom Weiskopf, who died at age 79 this past Saturday.