TPC Craig Ranch

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Duglis

Re: TPC Craig Ranch

Post by Duglis »

Thank you so very much guys for this new course that I'm actually not that familiar with. That will make it fun to play! thanks! :clapping:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Glenn did the greens not me.................

Sage...... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Weeler wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 4:06 pmI played about 10 holes and noticed that 3 of 10 had what looked like a "normal" type of texture for the greens. But on all of the others, the texture was identical to the fairways. I'm thinking that wasn't intended, or is it ? Would someone else please check this out, and see if I'm correct or not ? ( maybe my copy didn't download right.....? )
Nothing wrong with your download, Im seeing the same thing yes. It looks like the texture is the same on all greens, but used with different planar mapping scalings. In simpler terms it can be thought of that the texture is more "zoomed in" on for example hole 5 compared to hole 4. I vaguely had a similar feeling earlier when I briefly checked out the course for a first glimpse and picked pins, but at the time I dismissed it as probably just my imagination.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

Tom Weiskopf was the designer of this course. He died on saturday at the age of 79 at Big Sky, MT which is near where I live in Bozeman, MT. He designed a course in Bozeman call Black Bull. It's private but I got to play it a couple of times with a member. He was a golfer of my era and a darn good one. He won the Open at Troon one year. He was a good broadcaster as well. BTW, Nick Faldo just retired to Bozeman and plays at Black Bull.
gator

Post by gator »

The greens texture issue has been fixed and the course has been re-uploaded.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Thanks, Gator ( or Glenn ), for fixing the greens. They look a lot better now ! To me, just having that adjustment makes the course MUCH more enjoyable to play now. One thing I didn't mention earlier, is that the view from the first tee sure looks "inviting". I had no idea what this particular TPC was all about, or how it looked. Now, thanks to all of your efforts, I can imagine I'm playing it.

Ron
gator

Post by gator »

I didn't do the "fix". I just reported it here so all of you would be aware that an updated course had been uploaded. Glad you enjoy the course!

Leo

(APCD gremlins can strike at any time!)