Fairview Golf Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
1PuttJeff

Fairview Golf Club

Post by 1PuttJeff »

I recently played Lez Marwick's fictional course; Fairview Golf Club, which was originally released in 2013 and was pleasantly surprised by what a nice (and realistic) course this is! I was really impressed by this course and thought that it was a "real" course based on how well it was created with the great plantings, signs, and buildings. I also liked how Lez incorporated several streams and ponds in the layout of this course and I am anxious to try another course by Lez called; Yarlswood Golf Club, which is supposed to be much like Fairview. Highly recommended! :thumbup:
PinHi

Re: Fairview Golf Club

Post by PinHi »

I agree one that I keep in the game. On page 10 of Wonderful Golf Courses - did a mini review.
Re: Wonderful Golf Courses
Post by PinHi » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:27 pm

Fairview GC by Lez Marwick Par 70 7222 yds. Very nice course - leaf trees scattered along course in places - never really come into play. Pretty flat land - but designed very well with ponds in some areas. This could be your home town course just outside town limits and surrounded by farmland. A fictional course that could very well fit in with landscape between Kitchener to Windsor area in Ontario Canada as well. Plays good and wide open enough to play in breeze and wind. Par 5 13th hole is 731 yds long and so your only chance for an eagle on this hole is an iron from 130 yards or so out from green even with wind on your back. Certainly need some gusty and windy conditions as greens are easy. I like this course. Ideal! :smile:

Lez does excellent work on his courses. :yes:
1PuttJeff

Re: Fairview Golf Club

Post by 1PuttJeff »

PinHI,

Thanks for your reply to my post in regards to the fictional Fairview Golf Club designed by Lez Marwick for Links!

Yes, I totally agree that this course definitely reminds me of a local course because of its open farmland features and ponds scattered throughout. Lez did such a great job designing the course that I had forgotten that it was in the "fictional" category and it seemed very real. Also, I did read where Fairview is considered to be the "sister" course to Yarlswood, another course design by Lez that I will be anxious to try soon. Finally, I did play the course with "challenging" greens, and they were definitely tricky to putt on, but I don't usually use those settings, so maybe I just wasn't used to that. :thumbup:

Jeff