CANADIAN OPEN

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Jimbo

Re: CANADIAN OPEN

Post by Jimbo »

Here's hoping that you enjoy this year's Canadian Open...just watching the first round on TV you can really appreciate the work that was done on St. George's. When you see a picture on TV and immediately recognize the hole they're playing on a course (other than Augusta or St. Andrews) then you know that the design is solid! :thumbup: The clubhouse view on the 18th rivals the view of the Banff Springs Hotel too!
That Zamboni at the "Rink Hole" is an unexpected bonus! :rofl:
...and here's to Mackenzie Hughes-he's been knocking on the door for a while and now would be a great time to get his first-go get 'em! :whip:
https://www.pgatour.com/news/2022/06/09 ... -open.html
Now I've put the jinx on him... :scared:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I don't know how many of you watched the Canadian Open, but they borrowed a bit from the folks in Phoenix when they set up "The Rink" at the 16th hole, complete with Zamboni.
Only one thing would have made it better...if the crowd had yelled "Hurry Hard" when a player was putting!
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Jimbo,

I did like the raucous environment there at the 16th hole and loved the 'rink' they had painted just off the tee and the hockey boards around the tee area. The only thing I would have liked better was if the golfers had to hop over the boards to get to the teeing ground like a line change or at least come through the gate like when hockey players come onto the ice to start the game.

Jim

PS - Love your idea about yelling hurry hard when a putt is rolling toward the hole!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I like your idea...I'm going to try to contact Bob Weeks...this just mifgt rival Phoenix! :clapping: