Italian Courses in Links 2003

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
chsmcp

Italian Courses in Links 2003

Post by chsmcp »

Hi everyone, I contributed last year in the creation of a PGA and European CPU roster database. I was wondering if anyone was planning to create more Italian courses for links 2003. Among the best Italian courses apart from Marco Simone which will see hosting the Rider Cup in the future there are many nice courses in Italy such as: Villa D'este (Peter Gannon 1926), Royal Park I Roveri (Trent Jones), Olgiata, Roma Acquasanta, Des Iles Borromées, Verdura (EAst & West), Franciacorta (Peter Dye) Monticello, St Vigil Seis, La Pinetina etc. :fcrossed:
Adelade

Re: Italian Courses in Links 2003

Post by Adelade »

I enjoyed having a (very) brief look at them all. I cant be 100% sure that the first-glance scorecard info I found for them were always correct or fully updated, but it seemed like most of them were very short in yardage, except for Verdura East (and that one doesnt have high detail 3D elevations on Google Earth). As such - while I certainly dont doubt that they're nice courses and so - they would probably play very easy in Links (even among real courses). Dont get me wrong - Im absolutely not saying they shouldnt be made, I would very, very much love to see Italian courses being made too!! Just highlighting an aspect when designers try to weigh whether the big time investment of making a real course is worth it.

Marco Simone has the problem of seemingly no accurate elevation information available for the new layout.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
chsmcp

Re: Italian Courses in Links 2003

Post by chsmcp »

Certainly thank you very much for the analysis Adelade. I understand, Very grateful