TPC San Antonio

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
sagevanni

Re: TPC San Antonio

Post by sagevanni »

Jimbo,

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sage........... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Back to serious business-I always send my nitpicks to the designer via PM so that nobody will get angry (and hopefully not the designer). Should I PM them to you (if Glenn is serious) and let you decide what to do?
I go hole-by hole...most times there's nothing to report, sometimes it's only a nitpick and there may be a couple of bigger issues.
After playing a round or three and looking at the club website I'm about halfway through-there are some elevation issues but would it be worth sending it to you?
I really only see one other major issue...and you can guess what it is.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

ColinC wrote: May 15th, 2022, 8:27 pm wow this looks amazing so far and you have really captured the dry/dusty feel.
While it may feel dry and dusty it's important to remember that this is a resort course. The video on the club website shows a little less "desert".
gator

Post by gator »

Jimbo wrote: May 27th, 2022, 6:51 am
ColinC wrote: May 15th, 2022, 8:27 pm wow this looks amazing so far and you have really captured the dry/dusty feel.
While it may feel dry and dusty it's important to remember that this is a resort course. The video on the club website shows a little less "desert".
Jimbo,

Take a look at this Youtube video of the course - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0O845nViY8. I KNOW it was reviewed before any decisions were made regarding textures, colors, etc. The delineation between the brown natural grasses and the green course grasses is remarkable! Please note the lack of any tournament objects in the Youtube video which indicate that the course may look like this when not set up for a tournament (at least at the time the video was made). There are scenes in both the course website video and the Youtube video showing multiple cacti growing in the natural areas in/around the course. In fact, the Youtube video is a little more brown in the rough/natural areas than in the beta. Designer's choice.

Leo
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Leo-I was referring more to the last few holes of the Oaks and the first few holes of the Canyons. The website for the resort is, I think more intended to show that part...once you move "into the wild west" :laugh: , the more "rural" part kicks in, like the Youtube video shows. As for the driving range I noticed it too and nitpicked it. :yes:
I'm still working on my nitpicks-I'm about halfway through. There's an issue with the elevations-apparently there was a renovation a couple of years ago and the course, as it exists now is different...that's something I usually just note for the designer with the understanding that our sources may be different (I use Google Earth-normally there's no big issue), but this one is an exception.
I know that I sometimes take heat for the clubhouse issue, but the hotel is such an integral part of both courses (if anybody wants to do the Canyons one day) that it really should be there.

Like I said, I'm in the process of nitpicking-I sincerely hope that Glenn changes his mind. :sad:
As for nitpicking Southern Hills, I usually avoid remakes of existing courses-I make the designers' lives miserable enough as it is! :naughty:
As I said in another post, I usually send the list of nitpicks by PM.

I'm really trying to work with APCD-it's a bitch to work with :wallbash: but I won't release anything that I haven't "pre-nitpicked". Frankly I have no idea how these designers manage to do one course, let alone 100! :notworthy:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi guys:

Y'all got PM's! :thumbup:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Any news on this course please
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

We released the beat last May, I don't know why it's not available.

Here is a one week link to the file:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/be042e ... 124/1c6271
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

braden1308 wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 3:24 am We released the beat last May, I don't know why it's not available.

Here is a one week link to the file:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/be042e ... 124/1c6271
It's here, where it's been since May!

https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=2722
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Thanks Andy,

I was looking for it last night on my phone when my power was out, getting old maybe.

Thank you,
Glenn