Valderama texture remodel

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
morvio100

Valderama texture remodel

Post by morvio100 »

Simply request, I wonder could one of the current master designers like Lez Marrick gain permission to redo the tree textures on this wonderful course, downloaded it today along with some fantastic Marrwick courses, thanks alot Lez for your wonderful designs not only are your courses visually beautiful they are technically challenging, the Valderema course looks like its going to be a hoot to play and master, the fairway and green textures are great but I think the trees in places let it down, don't know to its topography is spot on, but looks like its going to be a great course to play, maybe one of the master designers can gain permission somehow, thanks for to all the great designs, cant stop playing this game....maybe a long shot(forgive the pun)..just thought id ask anyway.... :clapping:
braden1308

Re: Valderama texture remodel

Post by braden1308 »

I think Adalede was looking into updating Valderamma, not sure if he was able to get in touch with John for permission though
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Im sure Adalede would be a fantastic choice, if permission was given, thank you for the prompt input...
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

morvio100 wrote: April 9th, 2022, 3:33 pm Simply request, I wonder could one of the current master designers like Lez Marrick gain permission to redo the tree textures on this wonderful course, downloaded it today along with some fantastic Marrwick courses, thanks alot Lez for your wonderful designs not only are your courses visually beautiful they are technically challenging, the Valderema course looks like its going to be a hoot to play and master, the fairway and green textures are great but I think the trees in places let it down, don't know to its topography is spot on, but looks like its going to be a great course to play, maybe one of the master designers can gain permission somehow, thanks for to all the great designs, cant stop playing this game....maybe a long shot(forgive the pun)..just thought id ask anyway.... :clapping:
You wrote, "I think the trees in places let it down." Yes there are trees in middle of a few fairways where have to layup not to get too close to them or next shot might be bothered by trees where have to bend shot around them or hit a punch shot to get around them and be as close to green as possible when hit into place where cannot simply shoot over them. I saw note that pmgolf wrote about trees when he added more pins to greens at end of last year for finalized version of 2008 course done back then by John Aherne. pmgolf or Pete Massengill mentioned that trees have property set for them to always deflect shots and that trunks were wider as cork trees in Spain are different than many trees otherwise. The course is a real course, so to suggest that course be done over just because some trees were placed as they are in accurate places on real course by course designer, John Aherne or originally by Microsoft design does not make sense.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

I think you mis-interpreted slightly, completely get what your saying about tree "placement", completely agree with you. all is probably correct regards placement and deflection and so, that's precisely what I meant when I said the course is so challenging and fun, I was referring to the textures only, planting seems to be good, just that the textures look dated is all, just thought if one of the master designers could rework the textures, it would make the course even better, maybe even add galleries ... :fcrossed:
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

@ morvio100, To be a nitpicker here you wrote last, "just that the textures look dated is all" that is entirely opposite to what you first wrote, "the fairway and green textures are great" only leaving out tee and rough textures that mainly are a part of most courses---then you went on with first post mentioning trees that I took to be main issue with course. I did check since has been some time since I last played this course and no version of course done in Links shows spectators. One significant change to course needing to be done over that I would note being hole #7 no longer is played as a par 5, now for some time has been played as a long par 4.
https://www.provisualizer.com/courses/valderrama.php
https://www.valderrama.com/golf-course/
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Im no expert on courses...is all I was saying was the greens are great and fairways, just thought the trees looked dated compared to say a great course I found today called waterstone, when you replay shots on that course especially on reverse camera the way way the trees look are almost photorealistic, just thought the way some designers update certain courses by other designers that someone could remodel the trees is all. ... :oops:
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

I remember when John was working on Valderrama, he tried desperately to find enough cork tree imaged that could be made into trees for the course, there simply were not enough to be found, similar to the problem we have wit cypress trees for certain courses now. I don't know if there are any newer images of cork trees that someone with some gimp talents could turn into objects for the course, not to say substitutes could be used :thumbup:
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

morvio100 wrote: April 9th, 2022, 7:20 pm Im no expert on courses...is all I was saying was the greens are great and fairways, just thought the trees looked dated compared to say a great course I found today called waterstone, when you replay shots on that course especially on reverse camera the way way the trees look are almost photorealistic, just thought the way some designers update certain courses by other designers that someone could remodel the trees is all. ... :oops:
Thanks for clarification as my thought for textures went to features on ground and not objects, such as trees. With internet links that I provided be sure to check the other one than provisualizer as photo gallery shows colors of trees on real course and just how much they are so prominently being in play on real course as well. For such odd trees in Spain I feel that John Aherne did his best to replicate them and Waterstone is a fictional course, although Jason Thorpe the designer did do Huntingdale a real course in Australia. Looking at list of his courses is a bit confusing as Awaba Forest for first 2 that he put out show up as real, but for final version it is shown as fictional.
https://linkscorner.org/courses/index.p ... son+Thorpe
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Thats the designer I was tying to think of, I dl'd Huntingdale aswell, soon as I seen the Huntingdale splash screen I knew it was going to be something special, he done a fantastic job on that course also, judging by your post, it must be super tough, sourcing, and designing custom textures from scratch, another maestro who comes to mind is Curt Simms his two courses are masterpieces, think he used his own custom textures on Wentworth, much respect for all the effort you guys put in... :clapping: