Valderama texture remodel

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Adelade

Re: Valderama texture remodel

Post by Adelade »

I did want to update John Aherne's Valderrama a while back, but I no longer feel the need to do it since Pete's recent update already sorted out the main points that I used to have in mind for John Aherne's old version (mainly more/better pin options). As Gene mentioned, the term "textures" - technically within APCD designing lingo - is normally applied only to ground surfaces, which might have caused some slight confusion about the original post. I agree that - if anything further was to be updated for the course - tree objects would be a good thing to improve. However, unfortunately, there is no convenient way to upgrade the look of the trees without a relatively large amount of APCD work, so even if it is a good suggestion, it doesnt feel worth the time investment unless whoever was to perform it was really dedicated to it. It is by no means undoable, just not a simple little thing to update (upgrading all ground textures on any single course probably takes like 100 times less work than upgrading all trees on a real course like this one where their placement is pretty important). I dont think the old trees are that bad, so it is not worth it for me, so even if I were to get in contact with John Aherne at this point, I am no longer interested in making an update of this course. There are a few other - though locked - courses by John Aherne that I would be very interested in updating... but I dont have much hope for him showing up, having unlocked versions of them laying around, and also being willing to share them.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
morvio100

Re: Valderama texture remodel

Post by morvio100 »

Thanks for the input Adelade, I'm a newbie to this great site, so apols if the pharsing "textures" in the title caused some confusion, completely understand now as you have mentioned the level of work that would be needed to to rework the trees, the courses is still super fun and technically changeling as is, thanks again....