TPC Twin Cities

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Jimbo

Re: TPC Twin Cities

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Glenn & Jimbo-you'll be getting a PM later today (tonight if you're back east😀). During my nitpick I discovered that the course had a small redesign a couple of years ago. Nothing dramatic and I made note of them.
The clubhouse is great and, as I said earlier the houses are there, even though you might not see them.
There are a lot of things that you only see in practice mode but our designers are very dedicated!👍👍👍👌👌👌

Speaking of hidden treasures there's one at Lambton-another real course in Toronto located only a few blocks from St. George's. It's real-but I doubt that you'll find it...not even if you live in Toronto!
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

This is a good course, one of the few "real" courses that plays tough in Links. As for the houses, to me it's a non-issue. They're off in the distance, who really cares if they're not all cookie-cutter look-alikes? They look fine to me, whenever I happen to notice them. And for whoever mentioned not wanting to live right next to a golf course, I can tell you if you live in a northern climate, be it Minnesota or anywhere in Canada, for five or six months you have nothing but a huge, very peaceful park lying right in front of you. Just enjoy watching the foxes, rabbits, deer, and chipmunks.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Happy to see you like the course FOOOOORE!...............

Sage.................. :smile: :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Lord Hearteater

Post by Lord Hearteater »

As one who usually awaits a final, the obvious question after reading becomes "when?"
ACES: far too many to list
ALBATROSSES: Atlantic Point (aced par4), Barton Creek 2003, Bay Hill (VGA), Bighorn (LS), Doonbeg, Firestone North,Tribute@Otsego, Torrey Pines (LS), TPCs Harding Park and Woodlands, St Andrews New
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Soon, it's actually ready so I will get it out.....
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

braden1308 wrote: March 31st, 2022, 11:16 pm Soon, it's actually ready so I will get it out.....
The houses are pretty much a non issue and most probably whatever Jimbo thought he saw for recent course change not accounted for by Glenn and gang already. With houses interspersed between and beside holes I would wonder if there are OB markers on the real course that should be accounted for in the final.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

There was a minor redesign but it wasn't a big issue. I really had one issue with the tournament hq and maintenance shed on the back nine. It's a great job with a great clubhouse...unfortunately it's a long way from the 18th green and even further from the first tee...but he's done a beautiful job!
chad

Post by chad »

pmgolf wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 2:10 am Because it takes time to put houses there. The effort to do a course is pretty darn extreme. For me, it's something like 6 months to a year, and even when it's almost finished, you still see things you'd like to do to improve it. Ask me to take even more time to put useless crap like houses in it, and I'll think: (**** stuff your houses!**** I'm too polite to say it - but if you're so anxious to see houses, then YOU do the all the APCD work and see how anxious you are to waste your time!) Course designers get paid NOTHING! For at least some of us, it's the love of golf and Links that drives us to produce the works of art that are being produced now. How about you guys show some appreciation for all the work that's being done, and not look for crap like houses, swimming pools and tennis courts? RANT over! :rant: :rant: :rant:

Do you really want to make some course designers quit doing it? :dunno: :whistle:

Pete
If this was intended for me, I have no idea what the hell you're taking about.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Not that I know of.

Pete
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Now you're talkin' ! I assume it was you, Glenn, who chose some more "upscale" 2D houses and placed them along the course ? And making them really level and integrating them into the overall landscape. Very nicely done ! And for those of you who may have said "I never really notice any houses or whatever when I play a round". How can you NOT ? I think it adds to the realism of the course if done correctly. Once a course "looks" more realistic, then I can concentrate on playing it well. That's just me, of course. That's why textures or colors that are too harsh or bold stand out to me as well.
For outdated design software, the APCD can still be a creative tool in the hands of the many skilled designers we have in Links. Why not make the most of it, so we can feel like we're virtually playing courses we never will IRL.
Anyhow......great job on this final version, guys. I just added it to my permanent collection.

Ron