TPC Twin Cities

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
MrT

Re: TPC Twin Cities

Post by MrT »

When playing at Pebble Beach (on Links not in real life!) every now and then I used to send the ball inside homes to check out the swimming pools. There were 2 homes that have pools. Did not see anyone sunbathing in bikini though. :laugh:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Guys, I don't think that in all my years as a Linkster I've ever seen a course generate as much emotion as this one!

I think you should know that, like I said in my Carnoustie comments, Practise Mode lets you see things that the designer has done that you won't see if you're simply playing a round-that includes houses! Trust me, they're there. :yes: Thanks Glenn! :thumbup:

I don't suppose that this would be a good time to mention tournament objects and spectators? :whistle:

BTW Mr. T-check your PMs. :smile: Glenn, since he's actually played the course I think that it would be a good idea to cc him with my nitpicks.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

MrT wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 11:55 pm When playing at Pebble Beach (on Links not in real life!) every now and then I used to send the ball inside homes to check out the swimming pools. There were 2 homes that have pools. Did not see anyone sunbathing in bikini though. :laugh:
Mr. T-my wife and I were lucky enough to visit the real thing when were driving down the coast-it was the year that the AT&T had the Sunday round rained out and we thought we might catch the Monday conclusion-we had lunch overlooking the 18th green-watching the ground crew try to sqeegie up the lake that was the 18th fairway!
BTW, since Pebble Beach is a private neighbourhood they have a guard at the gate and you have to pay admission just to visit.
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

I tried to go there but they don't allow motorcycles.
MrT

Post by MrT »

Jimbo wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 2:48 am
MrT wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 11:55 pm When playing at Pebble Beach (on Links not in real life!) every now and then I used to send the ball inside homes to check out the swimming pools. There were 2 homes that have pools. Did not see anyone sunbathing in bikini though. :laugh:
Mr. T-my wife and I were lucky enough to visit the real thing when were driving down the coast-it was the year that the AT&T had the Sunday round rained out and we thought we might catch the Monday conclusion-we had lunch overlooking the 18th green-watching the ground crew try to sqeegie up the lake that was the 18th fairway!
BTW, since Pebble Beach is a private neighbourhood they have a guard at the gate and you have to pay admission just to visit.
Yes, if you try to drive to it, yes. Locals told us to use the beach.. not exactly the same, but if you walk up to the "dunes" better than nothing. Or, you need to stay at the hotels and buy a round. I had a friend who for his birthdays played there every year. Nice hotel for the wife, and 1 round of golf for him. Very expensive though. The entire area up there is nice and ritzy. I used to go there for nearby there is also Laguna Seca and, when not used for racing, it is possible to drive one's car or bike there.. Quite a nice track with the famous corkscrew turn.
MrT

Post by MrT »

cloeks1 wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 4:09 am I tried to go there but they don't allow motorcycles.
True. if you were on motorcycle, you should have headed for Laguna Seca to test your bike on the racetrack! Unless there is racing (which is often, sadly), cars and bikes are allowed to lap for a bit (for a fee).. the corkscrew turn is something! Clearly in racing at 150mph or more it feels different than at normal speeds, but still it is quite the turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4fC7auHv0o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-uxXqUdF9o
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

When we're going on a "vacation drive" we'll stop at some of those private clubs and collect scorecards. If you call ahead almost all of themare friendly-you can't go into the actual clubhouse but the pro shops are accessable from the outside. The folks at Cog Hill were particularly nice-in fact there was only one club that wasn't...I'll only say that it's in Florida.
Anyway I have a nice collection of scorecards from Canada and the US.
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Would be awesome to drive the corkscrew with a passenger car or nice fancy sport car! I couldn't imagine riding it on a high speed motorcycle! Have enjoyed watching many CART/Indycar races from that track, still can't believe the pass that Alex Zanardi made in the corkscrew around Bryan Herta to win a race there! Here's the famous last lap of that race in 1996 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2_blh4HQIc

Jim
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Jim-It may be in the wrong thread but who cares? :cheers1:
I grew up in the same neighbourhood as Paul Tracey and was one of the residents of Hinchtown. Have you ever been to the Indy 500? I've been a couple of times-even with earplugs it redefines the word LOUD...it also redefines the word HUGE. :fear: It would be great to see that golf club on the Links List.
Final point-IMHO Road America is one of the finest tracks in the world-it should be hosting the US F1. They could move the start line off the hill.
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Jimbo,

Pretty sure this is the wrong thread for this, and shouldn't you be nitpicking a course or three? LOL!

I have watched countless car races (NASCAR,CART/Champ Car/IRL, F1) yet I have never attended one in person, despite being a couple hours away from Brooklyn, MI (MIS), wish I had made it there when CART was still running there as the crowds were much lighter than when NASCAR is there. I've been on Belle Isle where the Grand Prix is run but again never on race weekend. Haven't made it to Indianapolis to see the track or race, my family went once many many years ago and visited the museum there and my uncle nearly got stuck in the car that you could climb into LOL! I have ridden in the Indy two-seater for a short drive around the streets of Windsor near the Hiram Walker Distillery after a dinner with Michael Andretti and Dario Franchitti. Was amazed to ride in the back of it and the driver cornering around a few of the side streets near the factory and opened it up pretty fast on Riverside Dr.

Jim