Ackerton Cross Golf Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
1PuttJeff

Ackerton Cross Golf Club

Post by 1PuttJeff »

I recently had the pleasure of playing the fictional parkland course for Links, Ackerton Cross by Lez Marwick and wanted to post a review of the course. First of all, I was pleasantly surprised to play this course for the first time, even though I had the course on my hard drive and had never played it until now. I am not usually as fond of playing fictional courses on Links, but this one is very realistic and Lez did a great job with excellent planting throughout and I was also impressed by the work he did on including things like telephone lines, buildings, fences, signs and the many lakes that are included on the course. What added to the enjoyment of this English course was to incorporate one of the UK Tribute sound files as well, which added to the realism to Ackerton Cross. Highly recommended! :thumbup:
Lez Marwick

Re: Ackerton Cross Golf Club

Post by Lez Marwick »

If you enjoyed Ackerton Cross then you might want to play 'The Dustin Trophy' course. This was a fictional annual par 3 event played on the Ackerton Cross course where players had to play with just one chosen club and a putter (an mop for this is included with the course file), Players in the competition would have to drink a pint of beer every time they finished a hole over par! :scared:
There is also an accompanying 18 page story that you can follow on the course's hole previews that covers one of the years past events. :smile:

The Dustin Trophy was designed to be an actual drinking game for Links 2003, but, depending on your skill level, the amount of alcohol to be consumed on each failed hole may need to be adjusted if you want to make it to the end of the round!!! :rofl:
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
1PuttJeff

Re: Ackerton Cross Golf Club

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Lez,

Thanks for your reply to my message recently regarding Ackerton Cross Golf Club! Yes, I may want to download the "Dustin Trophy Course" at some point too, but I don't drink, so maybe it wouldn't be a good idea. I have downloaded quite a few of your Links courses in the past and they have all been really well-done and fun to play! :clapping: