British Open 2018 Carnoustie BETA

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Pete

British Open 2018 Carnoustie BETA

Post by Pete »

Great job Peter did have a crash on hole 9 left rough after drive but was able to restart & continue it stated too many textures
mccoist

Re: British Open 2018 Carnoustie BETA

Post by mccoist »

This is really good course, played 1 round and had no problems also on Nvidia. Everything looks spot on.
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Just played a few holes and tournament objects along with spectators give life to what are barren links style courses that some Open sites can wind up being otherwise. Carnoustie shows better than most others with creeks at end and has history that people well remember of past Opens played there. Through hole #3 in play and pulled drive to left winding up in creek. Lie was shown as being not in creek, even though red lines and red stakes quite obviously designated that I was in a lateral water hazard. I believe was said to be on gravel that could play from, but also checking the rough between the red lines is not a penalty either if not roll down to gravel area at bottom. I was playing normal round and not in practice mode.
Last edited by gene_golf on March 12th, 2022, 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mccoist

Post by mccoist »

Van De Velde?
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

mccoist wrote: March 12th, 2022, 6:46 pmVan De Velde?
It is more memorable than that of Paul Lawrie being 10 shots back at start of final round and winning or of Van de Velde along with Justin Leonard losing eventually 4 hole playoff. I believe Van de Velde said, "Je suis très bête." having had triple bogey on his last hole of tournament creating playoff.
mccoist

Post by mccoist »

It was some good drama.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Not to worry-I'll be nitpicking tomorrow and will send you a PM when I'm done. Give me a few days. :whistle:
BTW-tournament objects, clubhouse, crowds and surrounding houses are magnificent-among the greatest I have ever seen!
ponkey

Post by ponkey »

Pete wrote: March 12th, 2022, 11:53 am Great job Peter did have a crash on hole 9 left rough after drive but was able to restart & continue it stated too many textures
Thanks v much Pete.
I had a crash too after I said I thought I'd sorted it !
You can play on usually but it would be nicer not to have the enforced break.

When I have a crash I reinstall links2003 and it plays ok for a while.
Seems like some memory is filling up until it snaps.

Peter
ponkey

Post by ponkey »

gene_golf wrote: March 12th, 2022, 6:38 pm Just played a few holes and tournament objects along with spectators give life to what are barren links style courses that some Open sites can wind up being otherwise. Carnoustie shows better than most others with creeks at end and has history that people well remember of past Opens played there. Through hole #3 in play and pulled drive to left winding up in creek. Lie was shown as being not in creek, even though red lines and red stakes quite obviously designated that I was in a lateral water hazard. I believe was said to be on gravel that could play from, but also checking the rough between the red lines is not a penalty either if not roll down to gravel area at bottom. I was playing normal round and not in practice mode.
Thanks gene_golf
I'll have to look at the burn/creek on 3 and 4 and 5. In the summer that part of the burn is always dry and it is gravel at the bottom. Maybe I should make it a hazard so that you have to drop. The rough under the red lines will need a little more thought and fiddling but I'll have a go at making it a hazard too.

Peter
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

First of all, fantastic course rendition. Love it. A couple of observations:
No cameo screen but I'm sure that's to come.
No hole handicaps yet.
While playing in practice mode, some holes still have spectators. I thought they shouldn't be visible in practice mode. What"s more, if you hit into them in practice mode, they don't disperse like they usually do and you can be hitting into them.
Anyway, great course so far.