British Open 2018 Carnoustie BETA

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Jimbo

Re: British Open 2018 Carnoustie BETA

Post by Jimbo »

Jimbo wrote: March 19th, 2022, 8:22 pm Peter-please show me the link...Eve is my favourite non-Canadian female curler!!! I hear that she plays a pretty mean bagpipe too! ❤❤❤
Jennifer Jones is my favourite Canadian female curler - at least the Olympics weren't a total loss.
The Scottish skip and alternate are in quarantine. They shook hands after 6 ends down 12-1 to the Swiss. They need to find Eve, whether she's playing golf or the bagpipes and get her on the first plane to Vancouver and then to Prince George!😳
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

The entire Scottish team has been quarantined and have had to forfeit all their games. The last team usually gets demoted to next year's "B" division. Somehow I don't think the Scots are going down.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Finally had a chance to check this version out last night, I've only one problem:

I know the 4-pins-per-hole is a deliberate choice but I think it is such a shame to limit extra options just because of the Open aspect. For me personally that is a dealbreaker that will make me stick to the old version from 2009 until/unless a version comes out with more pins. I dont really mind though, I love the old version (the one that was also made by Peter Monk).
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

That's the same reason I went back to the old version. :yes:

Pete
ponkey

Post by ponkey »

Hi

I will do a version with more pins and tees. And I'll remove all the tournament stuff too.
Peter
ponkey

Post by ponkey »

Should easily be able to do the Burnside and Buddon links too using the same piece of real estate.