k club smirfit course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
bear2016

k club smirfit course

Post by bear2016 »

Has anyone here thought about looking into putting in more flag locations on this course. It just has four tournament locations on each green.
Adelade

Re: k club smirfit course

Post by Adelade »

Same with Doonbeg, K Club Palmer, and Amsterdam (where two greens only have 1 pin), all by John Aherne. They are locked, and while John Aherne possibly might have unlocked versions, no one seems able to get him to respond to messages about those courses. Otherwise I like all 4 of them a lot, so it is indeed such a shame for them to be held back by something like that.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
bear2016

Post by bear2016 »

i figured that they were all locked. That sucks!
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

I spoke with John about these courses years ago and he doesn't believe he has the unlocked versions any longer. I could try him again but he is generally very busy with his design business.
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

John was (is) an excellent designer. If he didn't think he needed more pins---it's kind of presumptuous for us to think we do. Play them like they are!
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Kunkleman wrote: January 9th, 2022, 12:27 pmIf he didn't think he needed more pins---it's kind of presumptuous for us to think we do.
Strongly disagree with that wording, designers have full authority on what they give the players, sure, but designers do not have any authority over what players desire. Just because someone doesnt design, that doesnt mean they shouldnt be allowed to wish for things. I acknowledge that you have a point, but if anything it really should be "dont play it if you dont like it" rather than "you dont get to decide what you need". Im personally not a big fan of "dont play it if you dont like it" either, to be honest, but at least I can accept it.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...