Wakonda Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
SLucey

Re: Wakonda Club

Post by SLucey »

sagevanni wrote: January 27th, 2020, 1:38 pm Off topic................

Danny, is this what your APCD course directories look like........A separate directory for each unique course.

directory.JPG

Thanks

Sage....... :smile:
Seeing Sage's directory of 150+ courses he is working on, I thought this might be an appropriate time to ask: Is anyone working on Dorado Beach East, Sea Island, Mauna Kea, or Valderrama? These 4 "orphaned" courses I have long since wanted to see brought up to date. I am currently working Dorado Beach East (I can only endure working one course at a time) and am entertaining thoughts of doing the other three if no one else has them in the works.

To Sage: do you have a separate installation of the APCD for each of your courses you're working on?
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi SL

I only have 20 or so courses.....not 150.

Yes I now have a separate directory for each course..............

Sage....... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

SLucey wrote: February 1st, 2020, 12:59 pm[...]I thought this might be an appropriate time to ask: Is anyone working on Dorado Beach East, Sea Island, Mauna Kea, or Valderrama? These 4 "orphaned" courses I have long since wanted to see brought up to date. I am currently working Dorado Beach East (I can only endure working one course at a time) and am entertaining thoughts of doing the other three if no one else has them in the works.
Personally I would love to see new versions of all those courses, but I thought I should mention two things about Valderrama.
1. This may not be new info to you, but there is a 2008 beta version of Valderrama made by John Aherne. It is not officially released on Links Corner but kind members tend to share it around if someone asks.
2. I sent a pm to what seemed to be John Aherne a few months ago asking a couple things, one of them was if he would be ok with me making edits to and in a fashion try to "complete" his beta version of Valderrama. He has not returned to LC and hasnt seen the pm since, but I thought Id mention it to you at least.

As I said, I would love to see new versions of those courses, especially Valderrama, so Im NOT trying to say you shouldnt go for it. Im merely wishing to keep you informed. There seems a reasonable chance he will never see it or reply. If he ever replies and allows me to work on it I will let the forum know. I can pm you if he replies either way.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
SLucey

Post by SLucey »

Adelade wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 8:56 am
SLucey wrote: February 1st, 2020, 12:59 pm[...]I thought this might be an appropriate time to ask: Is anyone working on Dorado Beach East, Sea Island, Mauna Kea, or Valderrama? These 4 "orphaned" courses I have long since wanted to see brought up to date. I am currently working Dorado Beach East (I can only endure working one course at a time) and am entertaining thoughts of doing the other three if no one else has them in the works.
Personally I would love to see new versions of all those courses, but I thought I should mention two things about Valderrama.
1. This may not be new info to you, but there is a 2008 beta version of Valderrama made by John Aherne. It is not officially released on Links Corner but kind members tend to share it around if someone asks.
2. I sent a pm to what seemed to be John Aherne a few months ago asking a couple things, one of them was if he would be ok with me making edits to and in a fashion try to "complete" his beta version of Valderrama. He has not returned to LC and hasnt seen the pm since, but I thought Id mention it to you at least.

As I said, I would love to see new versions of those courses, especially Valderrama, so Im NOT trying to say you shouldnt go for it. Im merely wishing to keep you informed. There seems a reasonable chance he will never see it or reply. If he ever replies and allows me to work on it I will let the forum know. I can pm you if he replies either way.
Thanks for info Adelade, let me know if he replies to you. I was actually going to move on to Sea Island and then Mauna Kea after Dorado.
Danny D

Wakonda Club Pictures - 1 thru 6

Post by Danny D »

Hi group...

Just about have the pins set. Only a few holes left. It's very tedious and time consuming to select good pin positions. shouldn't be much longer.

In the meantime, I thought I would post a few photos. I have 11. Since we can only post 6 photos per posting, I'll have to post them in 2 parts.
Hope you enjoy...
Attachments
wakonda_01.jpg
wakonda_01.jpg (330.81 KiB) Viewed 6714 times
wakonda_02.jpg
wakonda_02.jpg (297.88 KiB) Viewed 6714 times
wakonda_03.jpg
wakonda_03.jpg (369.86 KiB) Viewed 6714 times
wakonda_04.jpg
wakonda_04.jpg (373.39 KiB) Viewed 6714 times
wakonda_05.jpg
wakonda_05.jpg (376.77 KiB) Viewed 6714 times
wakonda_06.jpg
wakonda_06.jpg (300.05 KiB) Viewed 6714 times
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Danny D

Wakonda Club Pictures - 7 thru 11

Post by Danny D »

Wakonda Pictures 7 to 11...
Attachments
wakonda_07.jpg
wakonda_07.jpg (385.35 KiB) Viewed 6715 times
wakonda_08.jpg
wakonda_08.jpg (390.72 KiB) Viewed 6715 times
wakonda_09.jpg
wakonda_09.jpg (400.73 KiB) Viewed 6715 times
wakonda_10.jpg
wakonda_10.jpg (408.34 KiB) Viewed 6715 times
wakonda_11.jpg
wakonda_11.jpg (399.91 KiB) Viewed 6715 times
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Danny,

SUPER impressive course........can't to take a look at your marvelous work....!!!!!

Sage...... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Titus

Post by Titus »

sagevanni wrote: February 4th, 2020, 11:24 am Hi Danny,

SUPER impressive course........can't to take a look at your marvelous work....!!!!!

Sage...... :smile:

Hi Danny,

oh yeah, that looks real bad off, almost like being on holiday :clapping:

Thx for that,
Titus
milwsteve

Post by milwsteve »

Danny very nice photos looking forward to the final version of this course.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Looks absolutely great, Dan! Looking forward to playing this course , as others have said.

Ron Weel