Coeur d'Alene

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Ian Wells

Re: Coeur d'Alene

Post by Ian Wells »

Dan,
I have just completed a round on Coeur d'Alene I can only say that you have knocked it out of the park. I am amazed (and somewhat envious) at the quality of your rendition.

As I mentioned previously, when you issued the preview screenshots, the 3D work looks outstanding and the panorama looks perfect. After playing a full 18 holes those initial feelings are greatly enhanced. The 3D work is fantastic and the panorama is perfect. :clapping:

With regard to the juniper bushes, they do initially look "strange", but I for one can not think of another solution, and I agree with your reasoning for making them the way you did.

I can only make the excuse that I was so impressed with my surroundings that it affected my golf. :whistle: I did hit my tee shot on the 17th to 3.8 feet of the pin, and then two putted, which best explains my score of +3.

A beautiful course beautifully rendered. :tiphat: :cheers1: :notworthy:

Ian
Dixieman

Post by Dixieman »

"Coeur d'Alene"

When all the lights are faded
The encore's come and gone
And I can't take this no more
Well I can't keep pretending
I just can't play the part
I need the solace of her shores

Coeur d'Alene is calling out
And it won't be long
Coeur d'Alene I'm coming now
Will I still belong

I look into the mirror
I don't know who I am
A life so torn apart
I still long for the simple
I'm just a common man
Yet with this aching heart

And it won't be long
Will I still belong

Safe at last in your arms
I'm safe at last in your arms

Where the water is calm
And it won't be long
And it won't be long
And it won't be long

Safe at last
(And it won't be long)
I'm safe at last
(And it won't be long)

From the album "AB III" (2010) by Alter Bridge
Doug
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

What a great voice he has, great guitarist as well.
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.
mickydavies

Post by mickydavies »

Thank you very much. I really enjoyed playing the course. Definitely a keeper. And that Floating Green is ridiculous... I can't believe that there is a real course like that - but there you go...

Thanks again and Happy New Year!
GrantM

Post by GrantM »

Danny D, this is a beautiful recreation. Perfecto! The trees must be custom made I assume? Great stuff from top to bottom. Thank you! :thumbup: :cheers1:

Have to dig in to the read-me
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

I just downloaded and played my first round of golf at the Coeur d'Alene Golf Club for Links and was really impressed by the beauty of the course and its surroundings. Dan DeShaney did an excellent job creating this course for Links and it was a pleasant surprise to discover how hilly the terrain was on the front nine holes, as it reminded me of playing golf with my late father on courses in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. I also liked the simplicity of the "hole previews" too as they were very well-done. While playing Coer d'Alene, I couldn't help but think of another course that might be similar to create for Links that most members are probably familiar with. The course in question is the Edgewood Lake Tahoe course in California where entertainment celebrities play in a match-play format with sports icons. :smile:
jputt99

Post by jputt99 »

Amazing course! Thanks, Dan for recreating this gem. Already one of favorites.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

A big thanks to everyone for your nice comments on Coeur d'Alene. I'm glad you all enjoy it. It was a lot of work, but worth it in the end.

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added