Coeur d'Alene

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
FOOOOORE!

Coeur d'Alene

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I just played a full round, and first I'll say "Job well done!" The panorama looks excellent. And I would not call this course a push-over, like Banff Springs, for example. Sage already mentioned the elevation changes, and I would add to that fairways that narrow and widen as they please, the default wind direction not helping at all in many cases, especially trying to get around trees near the edge of a fairway; bunkers with surrounding rough that extends well out into where you want your ball to land; and plenty of OOBs. I finished with a -7 that included an eagle on the driveable 17th. With the settings I play I normally don't even save a round if my score isn't better than 9-under, but I did save this one. It will take some work to improve on that score, and that has to start by hitting approaches inside 30 feet. It's a short course, 6445 from the back tees, but it will hold your attention.
Danny D

Re: Coeur d'Alene

Post by Danny D »

FOOOOORE! wrote: December 25th, 2021, 1:22 pm I just played a full round, and first I'll say "Job well done!" The panorama looks excellent. And I would not call this course a push-over, like Banff Springs, for example. Sage already mentioned the elevation changes, and I would add to that fairways that narrow and widen as they please, the default wind direction not helping at all in many cases, especially trying to get around trees near the edge of a fairway; bunkers with surrounding rough that extends well out into where you want your ball to land; and plenty of OOBs. I finished with a -7 that included an eagle on the driveable 17th. With the settings I play I normally don't even save a round if my score isn't better than 9-under, but I did save this one. It will take some work to improve on that score, and that has to start by hitting approaches inside 30 feet. It's a short course, 6445 from the back tees, but it will hold your attention.
Thank you FOOOOORE! :tiphat: Glad you found it a bit of a challenge. :thumbup:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Spelunker

Post by Spelunker »

I just tried to download the course and got a file not found msg. Please fix the link.
Merry Christmas to all.
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Yes, I just had the same problem and wasn't able to download the course. :helpsmilie:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

1PuttJeff wrote: December 25th, 2021, 5:08 pm Yes, I just had the same problem and wasn't able to download the course. :helpsmilie:
Me too :sad:
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Spelunker wrote: December 25th, 2021, 2:56 pm I just tried to download the course and got a file not found msg. Please fix the link.
Merry Christmas to all.
I had to use the Drop Box link, found here, but it's valid only for a short time. Andy mentioned he's away from his PC for a couple of days, but I'm sure he'll fix the problem when he's back.
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

Should be working now.

That's what comes from trying to do three things at once!
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

I played a couple of rounds and this is one fantastic course. Of special note is the 3d work which is out of this world. It's hard to not to give it too many superlatives. At first I didn't know what to make of the sculped juniper bushes but they quickly grew on me. Yes, I read the readme file on them. I think an excellent choice was make about them. The trees also look great. I once stayed at this resort but I didn't play golf. We played on the lake. Thanks for doing this course, Danny. It is right up there with your Kansas City course and one of my favorites, Waconda. CDL is one of the best ever made.
c
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I just played my first round, taking a double bogey but finishing at 4 under. I visited the course website to check some images-the picture page has experienced a small, but very disturbing hack (barely noticeable)-that's all I'll say. :nono:

As one who appreciates the "totality" of a course allow me to give sincere thanks and compliment you on the resort buildings-I can feel my credit card starting to burn a hole in my pocket (we're a lot closer to Idaho than we used to be!)

The "Juniper Bush" texture is a nice, addition-unfortunately it can't be fully appreciate unless you're "up close" (where you don't want to be :naughty: ). From a distance it looks like solid green-although it may just me my eyes. I was looking at the website tour of the course and from a distance (at least on their title page) the texture looks flat too. I'm wondering if the addition of a few berries would give it more definition.

As for the problem with the yardage on #14, I took a look at a couple of websites, including the resort one and it appears as if the Gold Tee is very close to the first green-at least it's on the far side of the cart path near the tennis courts-I don't see a practice green near the back tee (but yours looks great)-only the tennis courts...I'm betting that there's at least 30-40 yards that could be "squeezed" out of it.

That may be a solution if you're doing a Members' course...and based on the club website there should be a parade of golf carts with men in white suits! :rofl:
...and a few deer... :whistle:

And that concludes my nit-pick...this course was well worth the wait! :thumbup: :thumbup:

MERCI BEAUCOUP!
Last edited by Jimbo on December 30th, 2021, 3:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
dpang2836

Post by dpang2836 »

I live 5 miles away! We play once a year in April for Pre-Season Rates. Summer is $$$, so I sure appreciate DD for a Great Job! I didn't have any trouble downloading either. Anyone who wants CRZ File Emailed, let me know. "The Floating Green" is so cool! The Range uses Cayman Balls that float. You just wack it out at the Beautiful Lake CDA. Play On, Dana