Austin CC 2022 in Devlopment

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Ian Wells

Re: Austin CC 2022 in Devlopment

Post by Ian Wells »

Adelade,
That is one impressive schedule. You will have to be operating on Sage Turbo time.
Good luck. :cheers1:
Ian
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Hi Adelade

I wish you the very best of luck!!!!!!!

Please feel free to make use of any of my efforts at Austin! As I remember, I did have a lot of trouble with that pesky road bridge which (unfortunately) is a key element (both for the views and on TV). Also, as I recall, for the matchplay, the PGA turned the course round so it was played in a different routing to the members.

Anyway, with Covid and winter weather, there's not much real golf going on................

Cheers

John Brooks :yes: :yes:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Thank you :smile: Yeah I liked your bridge John, I plan on trying to make a similar one. Im doing the PGA routing, like your last version (for anyone wondering - the first and second nines get swapped). Thank you so much for introducing me to this wonderful course! Without your versions, I never would have ended up doing anything with this course.
:cheers1:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Im having some issues (mostly computer issues) that might make me unable to work on the course for... I dont know... 2-3 weeks? Maybe less, maybe even more. I think my challenge of getting it done before the March event is looking quite dead either way unfortunately. I still mean to finish the course when I can.

Current state of the project compared to last update: First 15 greens are finished and 16th is started, so things were going pretty well on schedule up until a few days ago. Dan offered to build the bridge for me a couple weeks ago, which I gladly welcomed (thanks Dan). We found an arrangement that worked for us both where he could work on the bridge here and there in between my own APCD sessions, so the bridge is partly built at the moment.
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Hope you get your system back up and running soon Adelade. I finished the Austin Bridge while you were away.

Here's a quick glimpse. Hope it's satisfactory. :smile:
Austin bridge.jpg
Austin bridge.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 2342 times

Austin bridge2.jpg
Austin bridge2.jpg (1009.47 KiB) Viewed 2341 times

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Very, very impressive. :thumbup:
Ian
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Ian Wells wrote: February 19th, 2022, 10:58 am Very, very impressive. :thumbup:
Ian
Thanks Ian! :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Looks great :smile: Hah! You decided to do the fences after all :laugh: Certainly loads more detailed than I had planned on doing it before you told me you'd make it for me.

I may make the arch texture a slight bit more saturated red, especially since a lot of it falls into shadow from the course's viewpoint.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Adelade wrote: February 20th, 2022, 8:35 am Looks great :smile: Hah! You decided to do the fences after all :laugh: Certainly loads more detailed than I had planned on doing it before you told me you'd make it for me.

I may make the arch texture a slight bit more saturated red, especially since a lot of it falls into shadow from the course's viewpoint.
Thanks. As I mentioned, you can change the colors to any shade you like. :smile:

Dan
Completed Courses
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Danny & Adelade, that is very nice work :thumbup: