Bandon Dunes by Sage Vanni

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
pmgolf

Re: Bandon Dunes by Sage Vanni

Post by pmgolf »

chad wrote: November 19th, 2021, 8:44 pm The link to the file was posted in a prior thread by Sage, over two years ago now. It was available to download directly from that thread and LC was never updated. It was not given to me directly...I never 'said' or implied that.
Ok, so why are you worried about what to do with it? Send Sage a note, tell him the file name, and let him worry about it.
chad

Post by chad »

Some of us have a newer version of this course, some of us don't. I thought the latest, greatest file version would benefit everyone. A '4th fix' file tells me there were a number of issues with the original course file. When did I say I was worried about anything?? f you don't want the latest course file, don't download it.

I remember what happened now - the latest version of this course was posted to the old LC Course Corner board, close to when we moved to the new version. That thread is now gone. So some Linksters didn't get the latest version, and LC was never updated.
chad

Post by chad »

Adelade wrote: November 19th, 2021, 9:39 pm Can confirm that Sage linked to the "4th-FIX" file in the forums without it being added to the official course list. I had it saved too, didnt bother saving the older publicly available file personally. Very beautiful course I remember with wonderful planting by Sage but sadly boring to play with the enormous gentle fairways and some flat greens if I recall correctly.
Based on a great course in Oregon. https://www.bandondunesgolf.com/resort-info
It's in my region of the US, so it's always been a favorite of mine :smile:
Last edited by chad on November 25th, 2021, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chad

Post by chad »

Thank you Sage for making the latest Bandon Dunes course version available on LC :thumbup:
guitarget2019

Post by guitarget2019 »

Love this course. Have replayed the 2020 US Amateur several times. The only thing missing is the fog! :thumbup:
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

For some reason I never had this course before, but I really like it (having played only the first five holes so far). I just need to get my timing back, so I'm not slicing every shot. The gulls are a nice touch, makes me wish there was a huge update from MS so they're flying around. I usually don't like links courses, but I like this one, maybe because it doesn't feel like it's "pure" links.