Six Lake Pines GC

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
chad

Six Lake Pines GC

Post by chad »

Hi Sage,
This course also does not have assigned hole handicaps :dunno:
sagevanni

Re: Six Lake Pines GC

Post by sagevanni »

The vast majority of my courses do not have handicaps. All my courses are free to modify at your desire. Open it in APCD and add the handicaps you want.

Sage..... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
chad

Post by chad »

If I play a round on this course in Game Ranger and the opponent has the course without handicaps, does the game load correctly for both players? If I save and validate the course, will it generate a different Course ID number?
chad

Post by chad »

If I assign hole handicaps to this course and Scrublands, will you post updated versions to LC? It would be nice to have unified versions of these courses for all.
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Yes when save and validate a course it will change the course ID each time
chad

Post by chad »

That makes it difficult to play the course with others then. Also, I play a lot of stats based MOPs with online opponents, and seeing zeros on the post round stats report is a bummer.

Sage,
If you agree to my updating the hole handicaps on those two courses, and you release the updated course files to LC, I will gladly dive into this. I won't upload a designer's work without permission.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Chad,

Okay............do your updates with handicapping and I will re-release them. In fact I will do this for you on any of my courses you need it done.

Here is my problem. When I release a course I delete everything in the directory except the course file. I then make my zip file with any screenshots included. I open the course in the game and get the ID's. I also make note of the yardage and par. If I have to open the course again it has to be in a APCD directory it was not designed in and all custom textures go to sh*t.....!!!!! That is in a nutshell why I can not do any edits after releasing them.

So add the handicaps and send the files to me and I can upload them to LC.

Sage...... :smile:
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Do we really want to open this can of worms?????
chad

Post by chad »

sagevanni wrote: October 29th, 2021, 7:20 am Hi Chad,

Okay............do your updates with handicapping and I will re-release them. In fact I will do this for you on any of my courses you need it done.

Here is my problem. When I release a course I delete everything in the directory except the course file. I then make my zip file with any screenshots included. I open the course in the game and get the ID's. I also make note of the yardage and par. If I have to open the course again it has to be in a APCD directory it was not designed in and all custom textures go to sh*t.....!!!!! That is in a nutshell why I can not do any edits after releasing them.

So add the handicaps and send the files to me and I can upload them to LC.

Sage...... :smile:
Perfect! It would be a shame to not make a 'global' version available for all. I will PM you when I have everything in place.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

What is the can of worms Kunkle....??

Sage.... :dunno: