Kauri Cliffs v2 - Lost Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
guitarget2019

Re: Kauri Cliffs v2 - Lost Course

Post by guitarget2019 »

Very well done. Everything looks so....smooth! :laugh:

This place must be amazing, in real life. :thumbup:
mickydavies

Post by mickydavies »

I haven't been on here for a while and just downloaded the course. What a wonderful surprise. Absolutely stunning course. Thank you!
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Nice job on this one, definitely one I'll re-play.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Lindsay Addie responded to me with a couple extra little facts that I can add to the story :smile:

Contrary to my guess, the course actually -was- started from the Microsoft version, and instead had its messy mesh extensively cleaned up. Andrew Jones extracted it to provide the starting point and Mike Jones also contributed with textures and technical advice :thumbup:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

I, of course, first played Kauri Cliffs as part of the courses package in Links. I played a couple of rounds, and thought it was nice ( even though the
graphic standards then were not stellar ). But as I slowly started building my course collection via LC downloads, I ended up deleting it. But, now with
Adelade's excellent HD update, my interest has been renewed, and it will definitely be a "keeper". In addition to Adelade's restoration, I was quite impressed with Mr. Addie's 3D work. The clubhouse is VERY well done ! I guess I didn't remember all those bridges spanning the deep ravines either.
As far as the RL course is concerned , it must be a challenge as well as being a visual knock-out. The views of the ocean from the clifftops of holes 14-16 , must be awesome. It makes the ocean front holes at Pebble Beach almost pale in comparison. Thanks for bringing Kauri back to life....and this
great golf sim !
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Thank you for finding and completing this golf course. Definitely a keeper! It saves me the $565 NZ ($380 USD), plus expenses (way more $ than that for travel/lodging) to play the actual course. As if I could travel there anyway (closed to visitors).

I was going to ask where you got those excellent textures, especially the bunker sand. It's first class. I should have guessed it came from Mike Jones. That explains a lot. :)

Here is a video of Fred Couples and Michael Campbell playing at Kauri Cliffs on Shell's Wonderful World of Golf 2003:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHNAF4Zqj_Q
chad

Post by chad »

Really nice course. I didn't think this would ever be released. Nice work on the ambient sounds, too. :cheers1: :thumbup:
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Since I haven't played/looked at Kauri Cliffs in years, I thought it would be interesting to compare the MS original with this new one:

Number 8
No8-original.png
No8-original.png (922.52 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
No8-2021.png
No8-2021.png (882.09 KiB) Viewed 2510 times

Number 9
No9-original.png
No9-original.png (916.19 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
No9-2021.png
No9-2021.png (895.73 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
radiodj

Post by radiodj »

So much nicer.....Just played a round and so much enjoyed it. I love when the fairways and roughs actually look like grass and the greens
GREAT JOB!!!!!

Thank you, DJ