Nine Bridges at Jeju Island - Final Release

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
ChuckH

Re: Nine Bridges at Jeju Island - Final Release

Post by ChuckH »

billw,
On the website AniMasters, go to the Old Masters section. I used FrankC ani because you can get sunglasses when you press skin when creating the player. Ben Hogan should also work because of the hat. Close as I could find. For the thumbnail picture, I just searched the net for a picture.
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

It is a graphical issue in Links (and APCD) with how the lighting interacts with textures at certain angles.
Missed your comment in the other thread. Good to know the reason, ty for the explanation, will have to remember that.

Watched your .REC that came with the course: it is interesting how you play bunker shots. It would appear that you intentionally over-swing and undershoot the expected bunker line on the swing gauge (which lessens the resulting distance). Trying to hit that bunker line (because it is not on the regular 6 o'clock position) is tough and I often get a bad result (leaving it in the bunker or hitting over the green). Anyway, you had a lot of good shots from the bunkers. The bunkers which look pretty darn good, nice job on those.
Last edited by migolfer on September 16th, 2021, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

[quote=billw post_id=11742 time=1631790929 user_id=122]
ChuckH,
What ani are you using to replicate DeChambeau?
[/quote]

I would think Tank would be a good choice as well because has the Hogan cap plus looks athletic.
http://www.linksanimasters.com/images/html/tank.htm
Also there used to be a download possible to get more distance than driver be set to go more than 285 yards. I believe it was known as Power Distance or something like that. I do not have a good version of it anymore. Certainly clubs went a lot farther, but there was lack of feel using program for short irons and chipping as I seem to remember. It could not apply to computer players and was only able to be used if played with extra distance mod as a player for self. Besides look the distance DeChambeau hits shots would fit creating an ani and playing like he does.
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

gene_golf,
Possibly this....I haven't tried it yet.
http://linksassistant.no-ip.info/prodistance.htm
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

migolfer wrote: September 16th, 2021, 1:16 pmWatched your .REC that came with the course: it is interesting how you play bunker shots. It would appear that you intentionally over-swing and undershoot the expected bunker line on the swing gauge (which lessens the resulting distance). Trying to hit that bunker line (because it is not on the regular 6 o'clock position) is tough and I often get a bad result (leaving it in the bunker or hitting over the green). Anyway, you had a lot of good shots from the bunkers. The bunkers which look pretty darn good, nice job on those.
I only remember 2 bunker shots I had in the recorded round, one I remember I was slightly worried about perhaps catching the revetted face on, so I didnt want to pick the lower loft club that I normally would have at that distance, and went for the safer club instead to go higher. That meant that, with my usual way of snapping bunker shots basically anywhere between 6 and 8 aclock position (though in that situation I wanted it close to 6, to get a high trajectory), it would be a little short, so I tried to compensate a bit with higher power. Doesnt always work out great for me because overswinging usually makes me worse at hitting the lower snap where I want to, and in that case I hit it too early, caught too much sand and so the shot didnt come out very high after all, and probably lost some distance because of that. The other bunker shot I remember had a severe downhill lie and downhill green all the way to the flag, so I probably overswung (if I did - I dont remember) for the same reason - trying to get as high trajectory as possible without coming up too short. Think I hit that lower snap earlier than I would have wanted too. Not saying they were necessarily the best choices (I think they were, for how Im used to doing bunker shots anyway), but that was the theory behind it anyway - high and safer loft club and high power to make up for the lost distance. I never use custom trajectory heights for a couple reasons that I dont care to go into detail about here.

I dont think of the 6 - 8 method in general as something difficult though, it feels much more forgiving than trying to hit the 5 aclock one. Usually I aim for around 7 aclock and if I mistakenly hit 6, it carries longer but bites better, and if I hit 8 aclock it carries shorter but rolls much further, so in the end the distance is fairly similar for a wide range of snaps. Might be something that applies more on faster green settings, but usually an 8 aclock snap isnt punished much unless it is a bunker shot with steep faced bunker or some other requirement for a far/high enough carry. I havent tried the 5 aclock snap for greenside bunker shots in a very long time though, so maybe they are easier than I remember.

P.S. I say 6-8 but maybe it is more like 6 to 7.30 - 8 is pretty severe.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

For some reason, I am intrigued by this golf course. It must be due to the exotic location. I had the opportunity to play a course in Malaysia when I was on a business/pleasure trip some years ago, but none of my co-workers were golfers, so I took a pass. Wish I had now. This Asian course is serving as my substitute today, I guess. Anyway, I was browsing the golf course website and could only see some tantalizing photographs. Wish they had more. Elsewhere, I did find a couple photos worth comparing to the Links rendition generously authored by Adelade:

#4 on the Creek Course (#4 in the Links version):

A view of the actual hole:
Jeju4-true.png
Jeju4-true.png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 4494 times
The view from Links (nice match!):
Jeju4-Links.png
Jeju4-Links.png (1.23 MiB) Viewed 4494 times

#9 on the Highland Course (#18 in the Links version):

A view of the actual hole:
Jeju18-true.png
Jeju18-true.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 4494 times
The view from Links (again, well done!):
Jeju18-Links.png
Jeju18-Links.png (1.05 MiB) Viewed 4494 times

:clapping: :thumbup:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Malaysian golf in general seems very interesting to me, Sentosa and TPC Kuala Lumpur were two of the courses I briefly considered making before I decided on Nine Bridges. I like the comparisons :thumbup: In pic 3/4 you managed to capture the main flaw of the panorama! That hill in the background of 10th hole needed to be there on the pano because of the view on 8th hole, which I prioritized. While playing 10th it normally isnt as visible or significant.

Bunch of more pictures of the course can be viewed at the old CJ Cup webpage which still is accessible through this old link (though depending on what you click on you'll be redirected to the more recent US venues - https://en.thecjcup.com/course.asp Keep in mind some of the info and photographs are "outdated", with many minor changes to the course done in the last few years here and there.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

I'll have to admit that ,in general, I haven't paid much attention to Asian courses. I'm not sure why, since there are several that definitely merit a good, close look. That's why I was a bit surprised by the topography and vegetation when I first played Nine Bridges. I think I was expecting more of a Vietnamese or Cambodian looking terrain, instead of heavily pine- forested hills and mountains. Instead more low-lying and having some tropical plantings. ( Guess that reveals how little I know about Pacific rim geography ). Anyhow......I just wanted to say that I think you've done an excellent job with this course, Adelade. Some of the holes offer up a decent challenge ( I especially like #18 ) since my driver is set up at 260 yds. to make things a little more realistic for me, I ended up behind the trees blocking the view of the rest of the fairway AND the green. So I had to "pop" it up over the trees and then onto the "island/peninsula" green.
Your skill with the APCD is also evident with the smooth , manicured look of the playing surfaces, and generous planting. It's a welcome addition to
the Links library of courses !!! :thumbup:
dgrobo2000

Post by dgrobo2000 »

Hi, I have encountered a problem with the course file for Nine Bridges at Jeju Island disappearing after playing the course a few times. Anybody have advice on this problem.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

From where does it disappear? Your "Courses" folder inside the Links game? From your C:/ drive? From your PC? :helpsmilie:

Pete