Nine Bridges at Jeju Island - Final Release

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Andy
Site Admin

Re: Nine Bridges at Jeju Island - Final Release

Post by Andy »

Sorry people.

I did everything except uploading the files. :wallbash: :wallbash:

Old age. :surrender:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Take a break Andy🤣, but thanks for all your work 👍👍👍👍
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Course available at https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=2676

Thanks everyone :smile:

Looking forward to it Dan!
Ian Wells wrote: September 14th, 2021, 10:30 am[...] Beta [...] waste of my time! [...]
Lol Ian, TexAgs joked the same to me earlier. You both found things that led to nice improvements :thumbup:

I started this course about 22 months ago, I would have liked if it took half the time and the course instead had more tolerable flaws. Im pretty jealous of you for being able to produce your great real courses in such a short amount of time :thumbup:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
TexAgs

Post by TexAgs »

double post
Last edited by TexAgs on September 14th, 2021, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TexAgs

Post by TexAgs »

Adelade wrote: September 14th, 2021, 3:08 pm
Ian Wells wrote: September 14th, 2021, 10:30 am[...] Beta [...] waste of my time! [...]
Lol Ian, TexAgs joked the same to me earlier. You both found things that led to nice improvements :thumbup:
Yep, an enjoyable waste of time, and my pleasure as an honored beta tester! Great course. One I am sure to play many times over. Thank you for a top notch addition to Links.
:cheers1: :notworthy:
TexAgs

Post by TexAgs »

I hit several off the rocks on Number 5, lol! I kept hitting mulligans trying to hole it out and finally gave up. But I got a few to ricochet onto the green (best one attached below). I'd fall over dead if someone ever accidentally holed out off the rocks - but it would be awesome!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxceffnkye5o5 ... s.SHT?dl=0

:smile:
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Hi Adelade,

I've been looking forward to the completion of this course, glad to see it finished so soon!
Immediately downloaded it and played a round in my usual conditions. Decided to record the maiden round since you expressed interest in seeing these. Please find it attached. I used custom pin positions per your recommendation: "If you want an extra tough challenge...... try:
17 2 17 1 17 0 17 2 17 - 17 17 17 17 17 17 17 17 16"
. Conditions:
  • Swing: Classic
  • Tees: Back
  • Wind: Breezy
  • Hardness: Firm
  • Speed: Fast
  • Pins: Custom (above)
Noticed one flaw along the edge of a bunker on number 7:
No.7.bunker.edge.png
No.7.bunker.edge.png (613.05 KiB) Viewed 4263 times
Did not notice any other anomalies, will keep my eyes open for anything in subsequent rounds.
Thank you for doing this! Am so happy to see fine courses are still being authored for this game which I started playing in the 1990's.

:thumbup:
Attachments
migolfer-Jeju-back-breezy-firm-fast-difficultpins.zip
Very first round played on this wonderful golf course.
(17.29 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

migolfer wrote: September 15th, 2021, 2:29 pmDecided to record
Awesome thank you :cheers1: A brave soul going for the brutal pins - I like it! I have played the course a lot of times throughout the various stages of progress, but I have never tried it on such tough pins in one go - think I'll play along your round rather than just watch it :thumbup:
Noticed one flaw along the edge of a bunker on number 7:
Yeah thats something I forgot to address in the Readme, but I did address it a bit from 3rd paragrph down in this post a while back viewtopic.php?p=10324#p10324 It is a graphical issue in Links (and APCD) with how the lighting interacts with textures at certain angles. The issue has been brought up several times on these forums in the past 3 years that I've been around and no one has provided any solution for it, and I havent in all my fiddling managed to find one on my own either, so I am not aware of there being any :dunno:

Except for masking the issue as much as possible, by making compromises about elevations or texture looks, neither of which I was very keen on doing. I mostly focused on the revetted face spots, where the issue originally was worst (and in some spots perhaps still is), but even at the spot in your screenshot it originally looked worse before my edits that I (essentially with reluctance) made. I could probably have masked the issue a bit better on some spots, but it is frustrating to make compromises when the base issue isnt of one own's making, so I didnt find the energy to improve things further. I felt like it probably is tolerable as it is.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

Excellent rendition of this course. Lots of trees. Don't hit into them or you might never get out. Luckily it's pretty easy to stay out of them. Very enjoyable course to play. You can tell lots of attention to detail. Thank you to Adelade for making it.
Attachments
Hole 18.jpg
Hole 18.jpg (138.88 KiB) Viewed 4199 times
billw

Post by billw »

ChuckH,
What ani are you using to replicate DeChambeau?