Sherwood Country Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Pete

Sherwood Country Club

Post by Pete »

Many thanks great effort by all, nice course to play
braden1308

Re: Sherwood Country Club

Post by braden1308 »

Thanks Pete :cheers1:
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Looks as if major issues mentioned previously with holes #13 and #18 have been more than adequately corrected with OOB added on #13 and deep rough added just beyond pond in front of #18 green. My having gone so far to left on drive before was probably caused by carpal tunnel issue that I have recently started experiencing when using mouse a lot. Would note that island where #11 green is within distance from tee for drive on hole #13. Would be case possibly where some player might hit drive to right side by accident or on purpose playing the hole straight away as opposed to the dogleg right that it is. There is a sand trap on the island that might wind up in or more possibilities of being in water than going down the intended fairway. Just have to wonder on real course if this might play as OOB. As initially wrote in beta post that this course looks almost as if it were the real thing by textures, objects and the panorama used.
John B

Post by John B »

A very nice rendition of this excellent course. Thank you to all who made it happen. Just played my first round there and made a double eagle on the 4th hole!
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

[quote="John B" post_id=11672 time=1631241173 user_id=189]
A very nice rendition of this excellent course. Thank you to all who made it happen. Just played my first round there and made a double eagle on the 4th hole!
[/quote]

Interesting that done on course when a final. I believe saved shots have to have course file existing in list of courses, otherwise memory is only in your mind and cannot show others what you did.
chad

Post by chad »

Fantastic course!! Thanks for the time and effort that went into this beauty. :thumbup: :kicking: :cheers1:
bear2016

Post by bear2016 »

I really liked the course guys. Great job! But i did notice one thing though. There's no sound of any birds chirping or wind blowing. Anyone else notice that? Other than that i really liked the course.
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

I don't think I've ever heard the wind blowing. Am I missing something?
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Kunkleman wrote: September 18th, 2021, 11:07 am I don't think I've ever heard the wind blowing. Am I missing something?
Hi Kunkleman. I have heard wind sounds added to the "ambient sound" file. You can add any type of background sounds into an ambient sound file. I doubt that many designers think about adding wind. It's not useful on just any course, but should be used, IMO, on the dunes type or ocean-side courses.

Best wishes,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

I did neglect the sound files