Old courses that need Updating

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
bostonlefty

Re: Old courses that need Updating

Post by bostonlefty »

Figured it out:
Updated Country Club / 2022 US Open course routing -

1,2,3 same as before

( Hole 4 eliminated) old 5 becomes 4, 6 now 5, 7 now 6, 8 now 7

The old 14 will now be 8, and the old 13 becomes 9

The 10th (now par 4) remains 10 , new short par 3 is 11, old 11 now #12, old 13 (now a 625 yd. par 5) becomes 14

15,16,17,18 same as before

As noted in previous comments, routing seemed off, if these changes weren't in the works.

[https://www.globalgolfpost.com/more/brookline/]

BL
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

just for the heck of it:
i'll say every original links course that hasn't been updated;
as we all know 1990's computer tech is vastly inferior to what we have now
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I was just looking at the Royal Melbourne. Peter has re-ordered the holes to correspond to the club composite holes and the clubhouse is great :clapping: but the yardage is dramatically overstated. There is only one set of tees on the Composite Course and the total yardage is only 7,007 yards. The most dramatic difference is in the 17th hole where he set the yardage at 646 compared to 568 on the club website.
There's also some houses that are visible around the borders of the course (it's a "city" at the south end of town).
Anyway Peter, if you're seeing this (and I don't see your name on the members' list) I'd love to nitpick. :thumbup:
Last edited by Jimbo on April 28th, 2022, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Duck Hook wrote: October 31st, 2021, 1:25 am Just on Royal Melbourne, the composite course has nothing to do with selecting the best 18 holes. It came about purely to ease tournament play by eliminating having to cross roads by confining the layout to the main area of land that the club facilities are built on.

:cheers1:
I was just looking at the Royal Melbourne. Peter has re-ordered the holes to correspond to the club composite holes as they stand now (as opposed t earlier version, including some online sites) and the clubhouse is great :clapping: but the yardage is dramatically overstated. There is only one set of tees on the Composite course and the distance is only 7,000 yards as opposed to 7,800...that,s according to the club website.
Is there a quick way to correct the issue? Please don't say that it has to be completely redone :fear: :scared: ...but if it does it should be noted that this is a "city course" with some visible houses.

This predates my "Nitpicker" time.