HOUSING

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Jimbo

HOUSING

Post by Jimbo »

In my nit-picking I have noticed some wonderful architecture, not only of clubhouses (especially one! :thumbup: ) but also houses that line fairways, etc...even some that are normally beyond OOB. I am thrilled to see this extra element of realism...but just remember that it's the backyard of the house that overlooks the course... :whistle: :whistle:
Ian Wells

Re: HOUSING

Post by Ian Wells »

Jimbo,

Most of the houses - on Pasatiempo - are 2D houses. This means that the viewer will only ever see the view that the photo was taken from.

Ian
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

No problem-just keep building! :clapping:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Jimbo wrote: September 1st, 2021, 7:03 am In my nit-picking I have noticed some wonderful architecture, not only of clubhouses (especially one! :thumbup: ) but also houses that line fairways, etc...even some that are normally beyond OOB. I am thrilled to see this extra element of realism...but just remember that it's the backyard of the house that overlooks the course... :whistle: :whistle:
Not sure if you noticed, but the 3D houses I planted on The National GC of Kansas City course, face the street. Many of them are on circle drives and face the center of the circle. I generally use 3D houses when they are going to be close to the playing area, but way off in the distance I'll use 2D. 3D buildings are rotatable and scalable and you can rotate them in any direction, while 2D buildings are pictures that always face you no matter what direction you are looking at it from.

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Trust me-I'm just nit-picking. My philosophy is that if you're building an "urban" golf course (like Lambton and Toronto St. George's) then it should look urban.
KEEP BUILDING!!!😄
While you're at it those houses would look great as some kind of APCD library!