Carnoustie

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Weeler

Carnoustie

Post by Weeler »

This week the Ladies are playing the AIG Women's Open at Carnoustie. So, I thought I'd play it since it's been awhile. The LINKS version is called Carnoustie 2007, and it's from Peter Monk. Personally, I think he did a fabulous job with the course. Colors and textures are great, background 2D buildings are chosen and placed very well, and the 3D clubhouse seems really accurate. Mr. Monk seems to have a "one hit wonder" here, I guess. I don't
see any more LINKS designs from him. This was released back in 2009. I'm not sure if he's still out there thinking about doing more, but I'd certainly encourage him to tackle more classic real UK courses !
Additionally, while the weather there this year has been pretty mild so far, and not blustery and cloudy.....there is actually a Carnoustie Sky ( 2 in fact ), to use with the course and they are both excellent choices when playing it. If you haven't played it in awhile, I'd recommend it....and have
a good round !
Pete

Re: Carnoustie

Post by Pete »

Totally agree Weeler, nice work