Anyone planning on recreating the Olympics Tokyo course?

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Duglis

Anyone planning on recreating the Olympics Tokyo course?

Post by Duglis »

Anyone planning on recreating the Olympics Tokyo course? Just curious!
Adelade

Re: Anyone planning on recreating the Olympics Tokyo course?

Post by Adelade »

Even though Id really like to have a real Japanese course playable in Links (I dont count the Microsoft one), I decided against doing anything with this one (wouldnt have had time to finish something from scratch in months anyways), the course honestly looked very bland to me. Would love to hear if someone else is doing it though :smile:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

https://www.kasumigasekicc.or.jp/english/
Jimbo in another discussion a couple months back posted this link to course pros are playing at The Olympics. There is a 2 course complex, east and west with the pros playing the east course. Tom Fazio is noted as the designer and the courses seem to look like the general rolling hills parkland type courses in USA with the usual cuts of grass textures, along with hazards of sand traps, trees and ponds. The MS course Phoenix where remembering for years hosted some tournament known as Dunlop Phoenix and many USA golfers have played in it has strange looking trees, maybe like cypress trees. The Phoenix course is also strange as has what would be considered an extra set of greens designed for winter greens. In discussions about courses that should be considered for possible design in Links the name Hirono has come up and it has been around since 1932.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rmFbIVmjhk
https://www.provisualizer.com/2dplanner ... 8,,,,,&v=2
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Right, I think someone had Hirono on their list.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I used Phoenex for the fun of it. I finished at -17 and am anxiously watching the broadcast!😉
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

:cheers1:
Last edited by Duglis on August 2nd, 2021, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Jimbo wrote: August 1st, 2021, 7:52 am I used Phoenex for the fun of it. I finished at -17 and am anxiously watching the broadcast!😉
Haha! Did you win GOLD? :fear: