Having Trouble Extracting St. George's Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
1PuttJeff

Having Trouble Extracting St. George's Course

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Hello!

I would like to know if anyone in the Links Community might be able to help me with a problem I have had trying to extract the new St. George's Golf & County Club course into my Links Courses directory. I downloaded the course into my "Downloads" folder, but when I tried to extract it into the Links "Courses" folder, this message below popped-up on my screen:

"An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. Error 0X80030002 %1 could not be found"

I kept trying to extract the course file by clicking the "Try Again" button, it wouldn't let me extract the file. Does anyone know how to get around this problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated because this looks like a great course to play! Thanks. :helpsmilie:

Jeff
gvlawson

Re: Having Trouble Extracting St. George's Course

Post by gvlawson »

Jeff,
I didn't need to extract this one. Go to "options", then "course manager," then "add," look for "St. George Golf and Country Club" in whatever folder you downloaded it into, then click on the course, then check the box for the course, then add/submit. It's a fun design and layout.
Hope this helps,
Glenn
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

1PuttJeff wrote: July 20th, 2021, 1:26 am Hello!

I would like to know if anyone in the Links Community might be able to help me with a problem I have had trying to extract the new St. George's Golf & County Club course into my Links Courses directory.

Jeff
Hi Jeff...
For what it's worth, I never "extract" the courses from the zip folders. I generally treat the zip folder like a common folder and double-click on it to open it, and then copy the CRZ file and paste it into my COURSE folder. Try that from now on and let us know how it works for you.

Best wishes,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

1PuttJeff: This is a fairly common problem with this website, and only one other that I've had trouble with (Bulldog Entertainment's site, also situated in the UK, hmm). I used to think it was WinRAR that was making errors, so I switched to just using Windows, doing everything with File Explorer. Well that works.. most of the time. I DL'd St. George's the other day, and the archive was corrupt, specifically the course file. I DL'd it a second time, and this time everything was OK. So my advice is to download it a second time and see if that fixes the problem. My theory is that Bulldog and Links Corner are using the same server(s), and that the problem originates there -- nothing to do with what you're using to extract the files. I base that on the fact I have downloaded a great many files over the years, and I mean many thousands, and this has never once been a problem.