St. George Golf and CC, Toronto

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
braden1308

St. George Golf and CC, Toronto

Post by braden1308 »

St. George Golf and CC Members Course has been uploaded. When Andy gets time he'll post it for release. I hope everyone enjoys this design which has been a combined effort by Sage, Leo (Gator), Jimbo and myself. The tournament version will be released at some point ibn the future after I collect the yardages and hopefully pin placements for next years Canadian Open.

Glenn
sagevanni

Re: St. George Golf and CC, Toronto

Post by sagevanni »

Hoping everyone enjoys the course.......mucho effort by all involved....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage...... :cheers1: :cheers1: To all
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Thanks to everyone, great job 👌
doclawler

Post by doclawler »

I played a few holes and it looks and plays great. Just wondering if this one includes Strackaline-type real green contours? If so I'll add this to the list I posted in another thread of courses using actual green contour data.
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Wow this is an incredible course with a lot of variation in challenges and big elevation changes, especially for an urban course The rendition is beautuful between the planting with lots of variation in the trees and flowers and colour, along with the houses and bridges. Thanks very much to all of you for all the work involved in creating this!
gator

Post by gator »

It was a pleasure to contribute to this course and work with Sage, Glenn, and Jimbo.

Enjoy!!

Leo
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

doclawler wrote: July 18th, 2021, 6:00 pm I played a few holes and it looks and plays great. Just wondering if this one includes Strackaline-type real green contours? If so I'll add this to the list I posted in another thread of courses using actual green contour data.
yes
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Great variety and look of the 5 par 3 holes. Hole #4 at 475 yards playing uphill is listed as a par 5 for members. I would daresay that when pro version comes out this hole might be made over into being a long testy par 4 instead making for overall course par falling from par 71 to a par of 70.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

First off, let me start by saying that this course is excellent, both the layout, and the shot making. The detail is beautiful. However...there IS one
aesthetic issue that sort of "glares" at me as I play it. ( I realize that the course isn't considered to be in 'Beta' status, but I do hope you will entertain
a critique. ) It seems, to me, that the intensity ( or saturation) of the green color used in the rough is a little too much. It really 'overpowers'
the subtlety of the fairways and greens. I know I'm putting myself out on a limb here , by suggesting that you check out another course that I'm
pretty sure uses the same rough texture, but has more of a "subdued" green coloration. It is : Scioto . The rough, greens, and fairways seem to complement each other well.
I would think that there MAY be a few other Linksters out there that might agree with my thoughts on this, ( I hope ). I'm pretty sure my comments won't induce you to make any changes.....but I'm just calling it like I see it.
No matter what, St.George's Toronto has a permanent place in my collection of courses. I know a LOT went into it, thanks so much guys !
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I am endebted to the Three Wisemen! BTW I included some background material on the course. It's considered to be Stanley Thompson's greatest work (even better than Banff) and is rated among the finest in the world. I also suggested that you go into practise mode and hit the ball across the street in order to fully appreciate the work that Glenn has done on one of the most beautiful clubhouses in the world.
For those who have played Lambton, the west part of that course and the east part of St. George's are less than a mile from each other...and Weston (where Arnie was his first tournament) is just a couple of miles up Islington Avenue...add the Islington course and you have a real "Murderers' Row" of Canadian Golf!
Anyway it's all on my club introduction and trust me-it's as beautiful IRL as the guys have made it. (I attended the 2010 Canadian Open and speak from experience!)
It's the "Augusta of the North"-seriously...and this Canuck.will attest to it.
And wait until you see the tournament version! Believe me I "Nit Picked" them like I've never "Nit Picked" anyone before and you'll be impressed with the realism!
My Nit Pick services are always available, (especially if you're doing a Canadian course)...although I think that these gentlemen might want to take a pass (or take a mulligan!) on my services for a while!😉
Once again thanks to Sage and Glenn and Gator...I had been bugging to get this course for over 2 years...they did it justice!👍👍👍

Now it's off to see how incompetent I am with APCD!😉