Long River

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Adelade

Long River

Post by Adelade »

Sage, I just looked Long River over in practice mode and gotta say Im very excited to play a full round on it someday soon, I dont want to say too much before then... but I have a really good feeling about this one...

In the meantime I was curious if you could tell me any trivia or so about the course, or the making of it? Would love to hear.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
FOOOOORE!

Re: Long River

Post by FOOOOORE! »

It's an interesting course, very scenic. I have a feeling Sage said to himself, ya know what? I think I'll build a wall or two. And then he had a beer or two, and here we are, just a turret short of a Scottish castle. j/k, it looks great and plays great. It's a good example of not having to make every fairway skinny to make it challenging. The angle off the tee to a wide fairway can make it challenging, and also side slopes. One thing I'm sure someone else will mention: the greens texture. Didn't someone else just use that one for fairways and there were complaints? Close up, it looks like what I use as a pot scrubber. Didn't bother me, but it will if you expect smooth & velvety-looking greens.
Adelade

Re: Long River

Post by Adelade »

Played my round from the Back tees and custom pins, enjoyable and challenging course with some good hole designs :smile: I would have liked to see more variation in the par 4s, felt like I used same 3 iron clubs for 2nd shot on every single one of them - so they sadly got a bit more dull than I think they would have been with one or two short par 4s thrown into the mix for example. But either way a really good course to be enjoyed - thank you Sage and those involved :thumbup:

Any opinions on where one might write down its fictional location? I know Sage tends to say he doesnt have a particular location in mind, but I still always like to write down something. Clubhouse has an American flag so I was thinking either Montana, Colorado or northern Caifornia, or perhaps some of the states in between those, but I dont know. Anyone able to help me reach a decision on what to write down? :smile:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...