Jollyville

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
FOOOOORE!

Jollyville

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Nice course, I enjoyed the openness of it. I've never been a big fan of trees in your face right off the tee or trees that force you to hit some unreal hook or slice to stay in the fairway, and this is the opposite. Other than a couple of noodly fairways, a very fair layout. One question: I think it was #14 where there is a big brown circle within driving distance. Was there supposed to be a tree in that spot? Because on the very next hole there IS a tree parked in another, identical, brown circle.
sagevanni

Re: Jollyville

Post by sagevanni »

Hi FOOOOOORE,

I'll take a look at that......if it turns out it needs a tree I will post a fix here.

Sage...... :smile: :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

In the game I am seeing a tree in both spots......might be a graphics glitch.......You know APCD and the game can be finicky.....

Sage...... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

ok, I'll take another look. I'm running in 1920 x 1200 so resolution isn't a problem.

Just looked at it again, in Practice and Play mode, and now there is a tree. Hmm. I'm absolutely certain there wasn't one last night when I played, because I remember thinking "What's that supposed to be, a pile of raked leaves?" Anyway, looks good now, sorry for the false alarm.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

The dynamic cam often or always skips rendering 2D objects that are not... sort of... ahead of where the ball ends up coming to a rest. I would bet thats what happened for you.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Adelade wrote: July 8th, 2021, 11:15 am The dynamic cam often or always skips rendering 2D objects that are not... sort of... ahead of where the ball ends up coming to a rest. I would bet thats what happened for you.
Thanks, I didn't know that. There was no shadow either, that would have tipped me off something wasn't right.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

FOOOOORE! wrote: July 8th, 2021, 10:46 pm
Adelade wrote: July 8th, 2021, 11:15 am The dynamic cam often or always skips rendering 2D objects that are not... sort of... ahead of where the ball ends up coming to a rest. I would bet thats what happened for you.

That's exactly what happened, here are a couple of screen caps I took today, both 14 and 15 in dynamic cam view. I was wrong about the shadows though, they do show up. I guess the first time I played them, I was well right of that area so I didn't have the tree within field of view once my ball landed.
Attachments
15.jpg
15.jpg (366.87 KiB) Viewed 2085 times
14.jpg
14.jpg (290.28 KiB) Viewed 2085 times