Update Of Latrobe Country Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
1PuttJeff

Update Of Latrobe Country Club

Post by 1PuttJeff »

I have often thought that it would be cool in someone in the Links Community might be interested in updating the Latrobe County Club. This was one of Links' earliest courses and it is still one of my favorites to play. When the course was first introduced, I believe there was not only the "fall" course, but a summer one too. :smile:
MrT

Re: Update Of Latrobe Country Club

Post by MrT »

Yes, I like the Fall Latrobe CC Course. I have not played it in quite a while. I recall it a bit challenging. An HD-version of Latrobe with Fall colors (Indian Summer like colors) could indeed be spectacular. Very different from other courses as well...

If I had the skills to work with APCD on new courses or to modify existing ones, it would probably be in the top 5 probably. But, after an HD version of The Ocean Course at Cabo del Sol, Pebble Beach, and 2-3 more. I guess I tend to like those courses near the Ocean where I can listen to the sound of the waves.... So many interesting golf courses... tough!
Weeler

Re: Update Of Latrobe Country Club

Post by Weeler »

Actually, I thought that the "Fall" version of Latrobe was really great to "view" along the way, as well as to play. Since it was 'Arnies' old home course and he pretty much grew up playing it, gives it a certain significance as well. I hope whoever DOES decide to take it on as an HD level update, ends up sticking to the original plan and simply "enhances" the graphics to current levels, instead of making it nearly "unrecognizable" from what it was, like some of the LINKS designers out there, who've kind of "botched" that process. Thanks for offering up this course !