TPC Deer Run

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
pmgolf

TPC Deer Run

Post by pmgolf »

Glen, I really like the courses that you've done, but it some recent ones - Valhalla PGA and these 2 new ones, there is so much detail in the fairway texture displayed that it looks like you are playing in rough instead of fairway. Perhaps it could be reduced just a bit in future releases. JMO

Pete
FLIPPER2021

Re: TPC Deer Run

Post by FLIPPER2021 »

Yes I agree with the fairways, feels like you playing from the rough. other than that fantastic Job!!
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

I agree. I wasn’t crazy about the texture selection and I know I did scale most of the textures down but I really don’t remember how much I scaled down the fairway if at all.
MrT

Post by MrT »

I enjoyed the course very much (never played it before in any form or re-incarnation).
The level of details is so good that for the first time ... ever ..., after 6 holes, I decided to play without the top view.

My favorite hole is definitely #16. On a 27 inch display, despite the huge sand bunker on the left, it was so inviting that I wished I could sit by it and read a book under the canopy of trees while admiring the river (The Rock River, right?) flow underneath and caressed by a gentle breeze ... Total bliss.

The dog would have been happy to play in the abundant sand by the green and uselessly chase the bunnies...

The grass perhaps looks a bit "granular" for lack of better terminology, but I did not pay too much attention to it as I was too busy looking at trees, water/rivers.. Gee.. I really feel like going for a dive in the river on #16!

As far as I am concerned ... :thumbup:
====
Despite all the distractions: got a +4 on first attempt ever by playing it in
RTS, Wind=Gusty, Pins=Difficult, Green=M/F, Tees=Back. No assistance except grid on greens.

I did chip a lot, but chipping and driving is what I enjoy the most so it was fun.
bear2016

Post by bear2016 »

it is the rock river Mr.T
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Thanks for doing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

I know you named it correctly when you released it, Glenn. But it's TPC Deere Run ( as in the company ) in regards to this thread. Just sayin'.

BTW.....I really like the course as well ! However, I also need to keep the older 2008 version by Allen & Dempster, because I have a "saved shot" of
a beautiful one -hop Ace on the aformentioned 16th hole. And unfortunately it can't be viewed using your newer version. But the 2021 will be my
"go to" version to play.

Kudos !
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Weeler wrote: June 8th, 2021, 2:52 pm I know you named it correctly when you released it, Glenn. But it's TPC Deere Run ( as in the company ) in regards to this thread. Just sayin'.

BTW.....I really like the course as well ! However, I also need to keep the older 2008 version by Allen & Dempster, because I have a "saved shot" of
a beautiful one -hop Ace on the aformentioned 16th hole. And unfortunately it can't be viewed using your newer version. But the 2021 will be my
"go to" version to play.

Kudos !
2021 or beta version is superior to classic or tournament version imho and from what Weeler wrote---looks as if he intends to play that version going forward and not the classic version. Look of fairways with larger square mowing patterns in classic version seem as pm golf wrote makes fairway look as if it were actually rough when looking at them during address of hitting a shot or from a short distance. The greens had a back and forth mowing pattern in 2021 version that in classic version has been changed to one color tone. In classic version just played it seems odd to see run up texture surrounding the greens as just noticed it being in back of #9 green in midst of fairway and fringe there along with deep rough, rough and first cut of rough as well since it just looks out of place being another thin strip and by its coloring being vastly different than what is behind as well as in front of it. Run up seems to mean ground in front of the green and not encircling the green as say fringe might be next to green if not a fairway texture. Not sure from trying to check for any notes from Glenn Braden of how he changed 2021 version to classic version other than noticing the texture changes as play both versions.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Nice work on the Deere, I hadn't actually noticed anything with the fairways, other than how well they're blended into the first cut along the edges.
chad

Post by chad »

Excellent courses Glen, thanks! :cheers1: