Dudsbury problems

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
fiver

Dudsbury problems

Post by fiver »

John, I was playing a round. It is a very nice course!, until I hit my shot on #7 and it landed into a bunker in front of the green.
The layout does not show a bunker. The same thing on #8, except it was water right off the edge of the green in front and left side.
:dunno: Can this be fixed?

Fiver
fiver

Re: Dudsbury problems

Post by fiver »

John, I just found sand that wasn't there on the front of #16.

fiver
fiver

Post by fiver »

Sand on #17 in middle of fairway just before the fairway crossing creek.
Water on #18 in front of green and on front of green.
Titus

Post by Titus »

Hi,
I just did two laps and couldn't see these issues.
I only had problems with the Green Analyzer, which does not always display correctly.

Great course!
screen0004.jpg
screen0004.jpg (644.01 KiB) Viewed 3894 times
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Could I ask you fiver was you playing in practice mode or normal play.
Titus

Post by Titus »

I've played both
fiver

Post by fiver »

I was playing in normal play. Where water is concerned, I was on the back of the green and putted the ball off the front and it showed a splash.
There was no water pictured in the view. That was #8 green.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

fiver wrote: May 21st, 2021, 1:50 pm I was on the back of the green and putted the ball off the front and it showed a splash.
There was no water pictured in the view. That was #8 green.
If you saw a splash where no water was present, then most likely one of the seam blends is mis-programmed with a water texture. I suspect that course will need some seam blend repairs before it is finalized. Also, from the other comments you made about the sand showing where it shouldn't be, it sounds like the designer will need to fix all of the seam blends.

Just for those that aren't aware, if a designer sets the panorama so it can be viewed in the APCD, the APCD will scramble a lot of the seam blend programming during that viewing period. If the course is not saved during pano viewing, it will return the seam blends back to normal when you disable pano viewing. However, if the course is saved while the pano is displayed, then you will get the exact result that you have described in your original post. We must ALWAYS remember to never save a course while a pano is enabled for viewing in the APCD. Also, some designers leave the "AUTO SAVE" function enabled in the APCD, which I believe saves every 15 minutes, and before you realize it, that will cause it to save a course when you are viewing a pano.

Hope that helps,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Hi Fiver.

Sorry you're having problems. I have just done a couple of rounds and extra holes on the ones you mention and no problems. Have also checked the .crz file and mystery bunkers and water just don't exist on that - all seam blends and panos seem ok. Can only suggest something might have gone wrong with the download.

Cheers and good lick

john brooks :unsure:
fiver

Post by fiver »

Thanks John,

I will try to download Dudsbury again. I appreciate all the kabitsing (spelling).

Jim