Courses I'd like to see in Links 2003 Part 2

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Jimbo

Re: Courses I'd like to see in Links 2003 Part 2

Post by Jimbo »

Nit Picker here...FYI they charged the of the Ocean Course to the Cove Course (in case you were looking).
I'm sure they had a great reason...
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

epsilonindi wrote: June 1st, 2021, 11:15 pm Alright, this thread inspired me. I've never completed a course design before, but I figured I'd give it the old college try. Hopefully now at this stage in my life I have the patience for an extended project and the persistence to slog through the challenges that will come up.

:fcrossed:

Hopefully it all works out eventually.
In case you have not heard, I'll offer a word of advice before you start a new course. When you start there will be an option to select "allow NON-REGULATION fairways". DO NOT check that box. The APCD has a bug in it that will cause problems on a course that cannot be fixed.

Good luck, :cheers1:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
epsilonindi

Post by epsilonindi »

Danny D wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 5:34 am In case you have not heard, I'll offer a word of advice before you start a new course. When you start there will be an option to select "allow NON-REGULATION fairways". DO NOT check that box. The APCD has a bug in it that will cause problems on a course that cannot be fixed.

Good luck, :cheers1:

Dan
I watched Lez Marwick's great YouTube series and I'm pretty sure he stressed that early on. But thanks for the advice, every bit helps!

Thanks,
Ryan
Work in Progress: Friar's Head Golf Club, Baiting Hollow NY
Overhead mapping: completed
Course layout with terrain painter: completed
Large-scale elevations: in progress
epsilonindi

Post by epsilonindi »

I've decided to work on Friar's Head. It was #1 on my list of courses I wanted to see earlier in this thread, so no reason not to try it myself, and I didn't see any mentions of anybody else working on it. Wish me luck. :laugh:
Work in Progress: Friar's Head Golf Club, Baiting Hollow NY
Overhead mapping: completed
Course layout with terrain painter: completed
Large-scale elevations: in progress
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Big good luck :smile: Im pretty sure everyone here are very, very happy for every single new designer, not least of all us other designers and I think all of us are very happy to help out when we can, so dont be afraid to ask questions. Lez' guides are indeed extremely valuable and even if it feels like it may take a lot of time to watch them, at the end of the day they WILL save you time overall, potentially a massive amount of time honestly, so its great that you've already embraced them. Cant think of any in-general advice that hasnt alredy been brought up right now, Lez probably mentions most of them anyway, though one thing that cant be stressed enough is to save very often to counter APCD crashes which can be somewhat common in certain (fairly avoidable) situations, and create unique new save files now and then to counter save file corruptions, which are rare but can happen in certain situations. When a course is finished it is a great feeling so be sure to look forward to that :thumbup:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I'm experimenting with APCD...I don't know HTH these guys do it. It's brutally difficult to make it work properly...at least IMHO.
So for the time being I keep busy nit-picking-and trying.
BTW St. George's is "underway". By the time the Beta "hits the fairway" it will have had it's first Nitpick. :thumbup:
...and Glenn has done an amazing job on the clubhouse!
milwsteve

Post by milwsteve »

I would like to see Wolf Creek in Mequite,Nv a lot of nice elevation and close to Las Vegas
Pinseeker444

Post by Pinseeker444 »

Here are 3 courses that hold PGA Tournaments every year and that haven't been updated since the early 2000's:

1. Pebble Beach GL ------------------------2005
2. Riviera CC --------------------------------2006
3. TPC Scottsdale - Stadium Course-----2004

Two other courses that will host tournaments this year - Southern Hills and The Country Club - are original versions from 2003 and have never been updated.

I would love to see these courses brought up to the current versions.

Pete
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I've been watching the Korn Ferry Championship on the Golf channel. The course they're playing would be great on Links. Check it out on Google Earth in 3D: Victoria National Golf Club near Evansville, Il.

Pete
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Pinseeker444 wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 6:07 pm Here are 3 courses that hold PGA Tournaments every year and that haven't been updated since the early 2000's:

1. Pebble Beach GL ------------------------2005
2. Riviera CC --------------------------------2006
3. TPC Scottsdale - Stadium Course-----2004

Two other courses that will host tournaments this year - Southern Hills and The Country Club - are original versions from 2003 and have never been updated.

I would love to see these courses brought up to the current versions.

Pete
Scottsdale should be ready later this year, new version, not an update. Southern Hills was something I always wanted to do also but there are a lot of courses on my plate right now

Glenn