Courses I'd like to see in Links 2003 Part 2

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
milwsteve

Courses I'd like to see in Links 2003 Part 2

Post by milwsteve »

Courses I would love to see in the game include Monterrey Pennisula Dunes and Shore courses,Wolf Creek in Mesquite,Nevada,TPC San Antonio,Crooked Stick,any other courses anyone else would like to see in the game?
ChuckH

Re: Courses I'd like to see in Links 2003 Part 2

Post by ChuckH »

Any or all of them would be welcome, of course. What caught my eye was Wolf Creek in Mesquite, NV. This is a very unique course. To check it out, I would suggest going over to WGT.com and getting their app. You can then play the course for free and check it out. This game plays with pictures so you can get a pretty good idea of what it's like.
milwsteve

Post by milwsteve »

I have their app and i just love the course a lot of fun to play and a lot of elevation changes.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Right now I'm an extremely happy camper!😁 but once I get the hang of APCD (if ever) my goal is to do the other major courses of Stanley Thompson (he also designed courses outside of Canada).
If anybody is working on Capilano, Jasper or Highlands Limks please send me a PM so that I can adjust my list (and help nit-pick)!😉
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Don't forget the National Golf Links of America in New York!!!!!!!!!
Attachments
C3oTptUXAAEvukz.jpg
C3oTptUXAAEvukz.jpg (204.37 KiB) Viewed 4738 times
index.jpg
index.jpg (6.93 KiB) Viewed 4738 times
Last edited by Duglis on May 5th, 2021, 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Jimbo wrote: April 28th, 2021, 5:03 pm Right now I'm an extremely happy camper!😁 but once I get the hang of APCD (if ever) my goal is to do the other major courses of Stanley Thompson (he also designed courses outside of Canada).
If anybody is working on Capilano, Jasper or Highlands Limks please send me a PM so that I can adjust my list (and help nit-pick)!😉
The way I learned the APCD, and how to replicate real courses, was to start out on my local hometown 9 hole course. I literelly created everything I could find on the course, including every house and building that could be seen while playing. With it only being 9 holes, that was enough to gain the experience I needed to learn the APCD, without wasting a lot more time doing a full 18 holes. By the time I finished it, I had gained enough knowledge and experience to jump into a serious 18 hole, fantasy course. (Northern Lakes Pro and Champ Courses) and then I took on my first 18 hole real course, which was The National Golf Club of Kansas City. My suggestion is to learn on something easy, just to get the feel of the full APCD functions before you dive into a full sized course and lose interest through frustration of trying to do so many repetitive functions early in your APCD career.

Good luck,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
epsilonindi

Post by epsilonindi »

Friar's Head Golf Club, NY

Golf Club at Black Rock, ID

Monterey Peninsula Country Club, CA

Punta Espada Golf Club, Dominican Republic

Seminole Golf Club, FL
Work in Progress: Friar's Head Golf Club, Baiting Hollow NY
Overhead mapping: completed
Course layout with terrain painter: completed
Large-scale elevations: in progress
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

SEMINOLE IS CURRENTLY BEING WORKED ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

woody4077 wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 10:21 am SEMINOLE IS CURRENTLY BEING WORKED ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't get your hopes up that it will be anytime soon, last time I texted with Dorse he was very busy and hadn't had time to work on anything.
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

With my Michigan bias at full steam, I'd love to see any of these:

Crystal Downs (by Dr. Alister MacKenzie!)
Greywalls (Mike DeVries course in Marquette)
The Bluffs course at Arcadia Bluffs (right on Lake Michigan shoreline)
The Bear at Grand Traverse Resort (Jack Nicklaus course in Traverse City) (good luck getting all the contours right on this one)
The Loop at Forest Dunes (Tom Doak reversible golf course)
Forest Dunes (the original) (sorry, Sage used too much artistic liberty on his version)
Bald Mountain (a Wilfred Reid design from 1929) (closed, is now filled with worthless, otiose McMansions; I adored playing golf here, the course was so interesting, it was a criminal act to replace this property with those #Y@*&! houses)
(many others too)