Sherwood Country Club - Thousand Oaks, CA

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
sagevanni

Sherwood Country Club - Thousand Oaks, CA

Post by sagevanni »

I have a texture and elevation course of Sherwood Country Club - Thousand Oaks, CA finished.

Does someone want to plant it.....???????

Sage...... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
braden1308

Re: Sherwood Country Club - Thousand Oaks, CA

Post by braden1308 »

If you don’t mind putting it on a waiting list :whistle:

Might even be able to come up with the green, I’ll have to check
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Glenn,
I've been waiting for about 3-4 months as is........May I send you the course so you look it over..?????

Sage.... :smile: :smile:
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

so 2021 version sage?
could've sworn sherwood was already done but my memory is not what is used to be
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

yes sir, send it over when you get a chance
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hey Woody,
I checked before I started building the course.....only 2 and both are fictional.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Wasnt Sherwood by Dace Fair the one that was around 90% based on the real course, but with a couple or a few holes being drastically altered, and therefore listed as fictional even if most of it is real? I might be mixing it up with some other course but I dont think I am? Either way should be good to have a new version :smile:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Adelade wrote: April 25th, 2021, 12:14 pm Wasnt Sherwood by Dace Fair the one that was around 90% based on the real course, but with a couple or a few holes being drastically altered, and therefore listed as fictional even if most of it is real? I might be mixing it up with some other course but I dont think I am? Either way should be good to have a new version :smile:
It has the rough course outline of real course, but Dace Fair noted his course as fictional and in desert location. He also did Bountiful, which he named Bountiful Ridge as well as Poppy Hills. Textures chosen and details of replicating the course as was done just do not add up to it looking anywhere near the real Nicklaus designed course that hosted Shark Shootouts and Tiger tournaments before hosting ZOZO last fall moving that tournament away from Asia due to the virus. https://www.sherwoodcc.com/default.aspx ... sid=251238
By the way when tournament was played in 2019 located in Japan Tiger won it there for his 82nd tournament victory. Dace Fair did get hole configuration right as at some point in time par 3 hole playing downhill with cascading waterfall ponds fronting green used to be hole #15 and this correctly shows as hole #6 the way current course layout is configured, whereas blue golf shows as hole # 6 being a par 4 the way course layout originally was and can play old way on Jack Nicklaus 6 game. Somehow hole #18 with pond fronting green still exists in newest configuration and remember Nicklaus in designing it said that he wanted it to have feel of driving uphill as done at #18 for Riviera. Looking at provisualizer website it also shows same hole configuration as does blue golf with signature hole playing as hole #15. https://www.provisualizer.com/2dplanner ... 4,,,,,&v=2
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

sagevanni wrote: April 24th, 2021, 10:13 am Hey Woody,
I checked before I started building the course.....only 2 and both are fictional.
:thumbup:
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Interesting that Golf Digest only rated Sherwood as 195th best course in the United States. Pasatiempo showed up at 106th. There are many well known courses in the second hundred list with several being already designed here in Links. There are some courses that have had tournaments played on them in the past and interesting to see what pictures are of the rest that are unknown to golfers in general. Harrbour Town that was once rated in or near top ten somehow has fallen to 136th. https://www.golfdigest.com/story/americ ... lf-courses