....'s Top 100 courses!

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Adelade

Re: ....'s Top 100 courses!

Post by Adelade »

Yea I get you, just wanted to make sure we in fact were on the same page :thumbup:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Royal Kenya listed as done in Links by Mike Jones is his only real course design.
https://linkscorner.org/courses/index.p ... Mike+Jones
https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1976
Interesting that he gravitated into using course design for real courses advertising their own courses as his work out in real world that a couple of other notable course designers in Links have also done as well. http://3dgolfdesign.com/creative.html
Also I believe he along with Andrew Jones unfortunately left Links designing in order to come up with easier way to design courses than APCD in one of the other golf sims.
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

gene_golf wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 7:08 pm Royal Kenya listed as done in Links by Mike Jones is his only real course design.
https://linkscorner.org/courses/index.p ... Mike+Jones
https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1976
Interesting that he gravitated into using course design for real courses advertising their own courses as his work out in real world that a couple of other notable course designers in Links have also done as well. http://3dgolfdesign.com/creative.html
Also I believe he along with Andrew Jones unfortunately left Links designing in order to come up with easier way to design courses than APCD in one of the other golf sims.
From memory I believe Royal Kenya was very, very loosely based off a real course from discussions at the time. I'll adjust the list to show it as real as that's what the course list shows. I think the argument back then was no one could find any samples of a real course Royal Kenya would've been modeled from.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

My top 40 listed below - I tried to keep a lot of courses that are well known such as TPC Sawgrass ect. off the list as they are also favorites an do make it into my next 80.

Arrowhead SE 2001
Ash Mountain
Atlantic Point
Augusta National 2009
Autumn Valley - Fall
Avocet at Wild Wing 2003
Bardgate House
Black Rose Valley
Blue Rain Valley
Boat of Garten 2009 Tournament
Candlestick Blue
Cara Brae HD
Carlyon Lakes 2012
Carolina Pines 2001
Innisbrook-Copperhead 2007
Langolier 2005
Las Joyas HD
LeVersant
Medinah #3 2005
Millford Bay
Mountain Creek
New Stoney Run
Ottawa 18
Palmyra
Pinehurst #8 2008
Prestige 2012
Royal Montreal - Blue Course
San Simeon 2001
Sanctuary
Sasquatch Crossings
Serenity Hills
Shadowlands HD
Smokey Hills
Southern Pines 2001
Tall Pines Estate
The Links at Balleycum Castle
The Meadows 2001
The Mountain Course at Seneca
Wentworth West 2014
Wraith Canyon
I like these courses because of their beauty - flower planting, mountain panorama ect. They are beautiful and very enjoyable to play.
They keep me coming back again and again. Many different designers behind these designs and I want to take this moment to thank all
Links designers for sharing these with us. Thank You. :cheers1:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I must confess that I hadn't played a round at Bro Hof Slott Stadium Course until today. I had to take a second look at the scorecard...then do a triple-check on the club website. WTF are they feeding the golfers at the halfway houses!!!??? :fear:

Anyway it's an amazing course...
...and there's a second course (The Castle) there too... :whistle:
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Jimbo wrote: May 14th, 2021, 9:47 pm I must confess that I hadn't played a round at Bro Hof Slott Stadium Course until today. I had to take a second look at the scorecard...then do a triple-check on the club website. WTF are they feeding the golfers at the halfway houses!!!??? :fear:

That was a fun course to make :thumbup:

Glenn
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Jimbo wrote: May 14th, 2021, 9:47 pm I must confess that I hadn't played a round at Bro Hof Slott Stadium Course until today. I had to take a second look at the scorecard...then do a triple-check on the club website. WTF are they feeding the golfers at the halfway houses!!!??? :fear:

I do my course ratings and grade them from 5 to 1. These are all the keeper and exceptional courses with rating 5 courses being the best of the best. There were 19 courses at rating 5.

I put up a top 100 list in this thread as these are the highest ranked courses and the ratings were fully completed for them so it was possible to create a top 100 list. The top 100 contains all the rating 5 to 3 courses with some rating 2 included to make up 100 courses. The courses that have a rating of 2 and 1, I am still sorting through as there are quite a few that fall in these two categories.

Bro Hof Slott is a rated and an excellent course but fell outside the top 100 on my particular list.
Golf Sim Clubhouse
bear2016

Post by bear2016 »

Bro Hof Slott is to freaking long even when you move the tee's around But i do enjoy the challenge of the course though.
mickydavies

Post by mickydavies »

What's wrong with Tish Island? No one ever seems to mention this course. Granted that some of the greens are a bit dodgy, but the course is interesting, challenging and visually very different and I have always really enjoyed playing it for those three reasons.
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

mickydavies wrote: May 15th, 2021, 8:03 pm What's wrong with Tish Island?
In my case, it's one I have listed to look at again to possibly give a rating 1 or 2. The greens are tough and I don't mind this at all but a course with extreme greens I feel you have to carefully custom select the pins to evaluate it properly. I have not had enough time to do this for every course as it takes a good deal of time.
Golf Sim Clubhouse