Easy Courses

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
migolfer

Easy Courses

Post by migolfer »

While playing a Links course I have not played before, I found that it was really easy to get birdies/eagles and nothing over par. It has me looking back over others that I have played that are like that. There are so many where par's are hard fought to downright impossible, it's nice to play one of these that is so ego gratifying. :smile:

I started this thread to see if anyone has recommendations for courses like this. Here is my list where I've (recently) shot -8 or better:
  • De Zalze Estate
  • South Coast Cliffs C C
  • Banff Springs Golf Club 2018 (Thompson)
  • Lost NationGolf Club
  • 5 Lakes Barrage
  • Barton Creek - Fazio (LS)
Stephen Sullivan

Re: Easy Courses

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Have a look at this remake I did https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1997

I often used to use it as a practice course to hone my powerstroke swing :thumbup:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Engineers, Nordic Open and The Links at Teton Peaks (along with the already mentioned De Zalze, Banff and Real Campoamor) would be my favourites in the category, but most courses could fill the role if played from a shorter tee :thumbup:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Another couple to consider are Aitch Heath Municipal https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1331 and Edgbaston https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1690. Both are Par 69, but nice to practice on :thumbup:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I've always liked:

Harbour Town
Saigon
Covered Bridge
and
Callaway Gardens
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

People are shooting scores in the 40's at the Amateur level at LSPN - it doesn't get much easier than that! :yes: :dunno:

Pete
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Pete-I made a similar comment on the "ONLINE TOUR" thread. I've seen tournament scores of -77...that's approx. 20 under par over each round. I'm just wondering how it's physically possible to do it. There are numerous combinations of birdies and eagles that will work, but is it possible to slow down the speed of the swing to that you hit it long and straight every time and make every putt?
It doesn't seem humanly possible.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Jimbo wrote: April 19th, 2021, 12:20 am Hi Pete-I made a similar comment on the "ONLINE TOUR" thread. I've seen tournament scores of -77...that's approx. 20 under par over each round. I'm just wondering how it's physically possible to do it. There are numerous combinations of birdies and eagles that will work, but is it possible to slow down the speed of the swing to that you hit it long and straight every time and make every putt?
It doesn't seem humanly possible.
Perhaps you can ask one of those fellas to record a round for you to watch. :smile:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Dan-good idea!

Fellow "Tourists", I'd be extremely interested in seeing how you do it. Would one of you seventy-under's please sent me a private message so that I can improve my game?

Merci!
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

I absolutely HATE shooting low scores! :rant:

Not sure how many would like my fav course list because I rate courses like those from Robert Miller incredibly low because they are just too easy. Wide fairways, large greens and mostly easy to putt greens. Nice eye candy but no thanks, boring Links golf. :nono:
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse