Pasatiempo GC

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Ian Wells

Pasatiempo GC

Post by Ian Wells »

Does anybody know what this circular object is? It looks like a storage tank approximately 48 inches high, but this is a pure guess.
Any help is appreciated.
Ian
Pasatiempo behind 13th Green.jpg
Pasatiempo behind 13th Green.jpg (229.9 KiB) Viewed 3368 times
sagevanni

Re: Pasatiempo GC

Post by sagevanni »

What part of the course is this from...????
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Sage,
Sorry, :oops:
It is to the right of the 13th green, the northern most point on the course.
Ian
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Ian,

You piqued my interest with your post, I looked at it from Google Maps and said why don't I check their website and scrolled down their webpage and found this: Pasatiempo inked a 30 year deal to bring recycled water to the course saving over 40 million gallons of fresh water annually. The storage tank, filtration station and pump station was constructed behind the 13th green. We are online with our new water supply system which now provides us access to three different irrigation water sources; Potable (from the City of Santa Cruz), Recycled (from the City of Scotts Valley) and well water (from our well on the 12th hole).

I presume the tank in the picture is the one described behind the 13th green.

Hope this helps, can't wait to see the course!

Thanks,

Jim Evers
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Jim,
Thank you for that detailed explanation. :tiphat:
All I have to do now is build it.
I hope the finished APCD rendition is worthy.
Thanks again for your help.
Ian
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

And don't forget the local rule about animal holes! :laugh:
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Ian,

No problem at all, glad to help out! Was surprised I found it so easily, as I always say 'Every once in a while a blind squirrel finds a nut.'

I'm sure the course will be just fine as evidenced by your Peach Tree and Wade Hampton courses.

Jim Evers
jwgriffingca

Post by jwgriffingca »

Pasatiempo is currently hosting the Western Intercollegiate tournament. Will be broadcast on Golf Channel live in the evenings - Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. (it's on as I type this!) Great opportunity to see how special this course is!

http://www.westernintercollegiate.golf/ ... /#schedule

John

(edited to add broadcast days)
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

John,
Thank you for the information, unfortunately I am unable to access the Golf Channel, which is very frustrating. The videos on YouTube are very helpful and they do give an indication of how special the course is, but to see the course as it is today would have been wonderful.
Thanks again.
Ian
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Several things I've taken away from having watched the college kids play Pasatiempo for 3 rounds:

My notes:
Pasatiempo was designed by world-renowned golf architect Alister MacKenzie, who also designed Augusta National(!) and Cypress Point(!). Pasatiempo was his favorite layout and where he made his American home. $325 to walk and $365 to ride says a lot about how great the course is!

It's a shortish course - ~6600 yds - but that's deceptive. The holes require precise approach shots, and the greens are particularly special, and I would rank them right up there with Augusta National's after watching that college tournament. IMO, use of a Greens Book for laying out the greens would be pretty much required. The greens have serious slopes on them, with specific places for the pins. It'll be a thing of beauty when you finish doing them!

Ian - I've seen and played your courses and this one looks like it would be a great match for your talents. As far as the Green Book is concerned, you would have no problem raising most of the cash to pay for it right here. (We're talking around $50, and count me in for as much as $20 :smile: ) I'm really looking forward to seeing this one done!

Pete