Pasatiempo GC

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Ian Wells

Re: Pasatiempo GC

Post by Ian Wells »

Pete,
The course is short compared with modern standards, but the design of the holes and especially the greens makes for, what I hope, will be an enjoyable(?) round of golf.
The greens have been built according to GolfLogix green details with the exception of the 17th.
The Golflogix detail for that green showed a different shape to that shown in GE. I questioned Golflogix about it and they stated that the book had faults and has been withdrawn from sale, and they returned the $40. They wouldn't expand on what else, if anything was inaccurate.
(I built the 17th green based on a 5 feet by 5feet grid from elevations in GE - not ideal but better than nothing).
I know you prefer to play with Fch/Fch and I am certain that these green will prove an exacting test for you.
This is an example of the Golflogix detail for hole 16:
Hole 16 Heat Map.jpg
Hole 16 Heat Map.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 1569 times
I have just completed the revisions to the tees which took me a lot longer than I expected (±45 hours) and I am beginning the planting, then the 3D, .....

Thanks for your offer to help with the payment but as we were visiting our daughter the delivery of the green book was much easier and cheaper - it can't get much cheaper that $0. For whatever reason, this course has caught my interest and I would have willingly paid the $40. I just hope that that interest is matched by the final product.

Thanks for the post Pete.
Ian
John B

Post by John B »

I'm so glad you're doing Pasatiempo. It's probably my favorite course that I've ever played. The bunkering is fantastic and sometimes deceptive. They really make you think twice about which club to use. It's a very strategic course. Can't wait to tackle this beauty on Links.
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

John,
Thanks for the post.
When I started building the course, I admit that I was not 100% convinced with it. As I have progressed I have become more and more impressed with course - especially the bunkering. I'm afraid it will be a while yet before you get the chance to play it in Links.

As you have played the course could you help in locating the plaque on the 6th hole?
From GE I have located the plaque in the centre of the cart path central to the house.
Plaque on 6th.jpg
Plaque on 6th.jpg (89.97 KiB) Viewed 1556 times
Presently this is it in APCD:
APCD Plaque 6th.jpg
APCD Plaque 6th.jpg (192.48 KiB) Viewed 1556 times
APCD Plaque.jpg
APCD Plaque.jpg (125.29 KiB) Viewed 1556 times
Am I anywhere close? :dunno:
Thanks again for the post.
Ian
John B

Post by John B »

Well, it's been many years since I've played Pasatiempo, and I've only played it a couple of times, but from what I can recall I think you've got the plaque in the right place. I do remember seeing it off to the left as you walk up the 6th fairway, directly in front (actually the back of) Mackenzie's former house.